Luck is earned on a platter....

oblivion321

...So, we had an unusually mild day here in upstate NY. My boy was excited to get outside and dig in the mud since the yard was clear of snow. The batteries were dead in his machine and I was too busy doing overdue yard work to run out to the store. I handed him my AT Pro and said "Good luck Bud, But I think we've cleaned this yard out." Not even 5 minutes later I hear, " It's a 92 and it's big." I told him to go ahead and dig it up, thinking it's just another leaf spring and thought it would keep him busy till I got the the garden tractor jump started. I have never seen or heard him so excited as he ran across the yard with this big lump of mud held up over his head. Victory! Why the hell did I decide to do yard work instead? It could have been mine. :p Don't let the poker face fool you. Pics are all business with him and this is his life's work so far. Amazing determination, and an Amazing find. This kid is going places...

Attachments

• plat1.jpg
    plat1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 563
  • plat2.jpg
    plat2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 552
  • plat3.jpg
    plat3.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 558
  • plat4.jpg
    plat4.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 562
  • platmark.jpg
    platmark.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 573
Cool! I think a lot of people would have skipped digging such a large target

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Wow! what a sweet find, that looks like it could be worth a few bucks!
A big congratulations the the young man:dingding:

Cool find! Way to go little man! Cudos to dad for starting him out young! I dont think we ever lose the fun of playing in the dirt and the impact of the memories that will last forever.

Congratulations to you both ! Not only did he do a great job finding it but he recovered it without scratching it all up like I probably would have done thinking it was a large can or something like that .You are teaching him well . You guys will have many great hunts in your future . All the best to you !

I wonder how many times that target was acknowledged but walked away from. Like the other post, I would've thought its a can and moved along. Good for him!! That's a great show and tell item for him. Nice job , congrats!!

Yeah! Lets see it all cleaned up! Well, Congratulations to the both of you! A Son firmly set on the path of outdoor exploration and wonderment!...

That's awesome that you son loves to detect with you, enjoy it.

My boy turns 6 today and he'll be getting a detector for his birthday, I for one will be more excited than him. I can't wait to have a new partner.

Back
Top Bottom