Nox 800 just arrived!!!!!

I also use park2...maybe I just don't understand the iron bias.

Try this.
Get you a dime and a nail.
Lay nail long ways left to right.
You’ll be sweeping the setup left to right and vice versa (see pic below)
Place dime beside but off towards the point of nail.
Keep moving dime until park 2 speed 6, iron bias 0 speed 6 barely picks up the dime.
Next, raise iron bias incrementally while sweeping your setup where you were just getting the dime with iron bias at 0.
You should notice dime cannot be detected.
Same plane test here.
Here is example pic.
jhdern.jpg

Now, running zero or low iron bias can cause a person to dig more iron. But it can also allow you to locate some of the more challenged nonferous items too.
As long as you know the affects higher or lower iron bias has is what matters. You don’t need to know the electronics theory behind to use detector and be successful.

Try this.
Get you a dime and a nail.
Lay nail long ways left to right.
You’ll be sweeping the setup left to right and vice versa (see pic below)
Place dime beside but off towards the point of nail.
Keep moving dime until park 2 speed 6, iron bias 0 speed 6 barely picks up the dime.
Next, raise iron bias incrementally while sweeping your setup where you were just getting the dime with iron bias at 0.
You should notice dime cannot be detected.
Same plane test here.
Here is example pic.
jhdern.jpg

Now, running zero or low iron bias can cause a person to dig more iron. But it can also allow you to locate some of the more challenged nonferous items too.
As long as you know the affects higher or lower iron bias has is what matters. You don’t need to know the electronics theory behind to use detector and be successful.

Thanks...that's one of my winter projects...to REALLY get to know the Nox...my AT Pro was much simpler...and less powerful :)

It finally arrived...it's been nigh onto 48 hours since I ordered it :) Thanks again Bart....ULTRA fast shipping and a great deal.

Looks sweet but that coil is HUGE...I'm used to the 5X8 on my AT Pro. Can't wait to get it out in the yard (as soon as I'm done helping my son with his homework LOL )

time in the field will solve the settings problem. Now I know why Minelab did not include a printed manual with the 800. They did not want photos or videos of guys in the field with a manual in their hands while detecting with the 800. Bad PR.

I do wish they had a go back feature on going from setting to setting rather than the current go around and try again selection process. Many times I miss the proper setting by one and have to recycle only to miss it again some times. But I am rather impatient at times.

Yes sir, when Minelab comes out with a 5x8 coil it will stay on my 800. That was the way I used my AT Pro 90% of the time. Like the 6" for small trashy areas and near metal poles and fences. But need the 5x8.

have fun learning the 800. It will adapt to your type of hunting once you figure it out. One guy here recently said that he is using gold2 hunting relics and doing well. I will have to try that out. He said gold2 was good on bullets and small brass items in his area of mineralized soil.

You will love changing coils on the 800 compared to the AT Pro. Lining those 2 pins up was always tricky for me. The minelab has a line up ridge on the cable connector and you simply press the connector in a little bit and gently rotate it until it lines up and screw it down. All done by feel, not sighting like you almost always had to do on the AT Pro to keep from bending the prongs.

time in the field will solve the settings problem. Now I know why Minelab did not include a printed manual with the 800. They did not want photos or videos of guys in the field with a manual in their hands while detecting with the 800. Bad PR.

I do wish they had a go back feature on going from setting to setting rather than the current go around and try again selection process. Many times I miss the proper setting by one and have to recycle only to miss it again some times. But I am rather impatient at times.

Yes sir, when Minelab comes out with a 5x8 coil it will stay on my 800. That was the way I used my AT Pro 90% of the time. Like the 6" for small trashy areas and near metal poles and fences. But need the 5x8.

have fun learning the 800. It will adapt to your type of hunting once you figure it out. One guy here recently said that he is using gold2 hunting relics and doing well. I will have to try that out. He said gold2 was good on bullets and small brass items in his area of mineralized soil.

There's so much to learn about it...although I've been happy with the results using Park2...it will be a fun winter "break" :)

It finally arrived...it's been nigh onto 48 hours since I ordered it :) Thanks again Bart....ULTRA fast shipping and a great deal.

Looks sweet but that coil is HUGE...I'm used to the 5X8 on my AT Pro. Can't wait to get it out in the yard (as soon as I'm done helping my son with his homework LOL )

On my 800 I use a $30 detector Pro simple shoulder swing harness when using the stock coil. Using my 6" coil there is no need.

Back
Top Bottom