Metal Detector Rack

StankFish

Does anyone have pictures of a rack they have built to place in the truck or trunk to store their metal detectors while they are driving to keep them stable and secure?

I understand your concern, but I don't think most machines are "delicate".

Though I have "secured" mine in the back of a extended cab pick-up truck for road trips. To make room for more gear in the back seat.

Collapsed the rod, stuck the coil between the rear headrest and the rear window, used a bungee ball around the upper shaft/ armrest and the seatbelt attachment point in the truck. Worked great!

HTH.

OP- If in a car trunk, lay down some old blankets, tarp, rugs, etc. and throw another over the top to prevent bouncing.

If a truck, look at the 2 truck tool boxes posted in the fix it yourself forum. If it's extended/club cab, laying them in the back, and tossing a rug/blanket over them will keep them in place.

There's always the option of padded gun cases, which would requiring knocking the detectors down. Just use discretion when unpacking if in public so someone doesn't start crying and call SWAT.

I've foamed plano tool boxes to nest detectors in, but the pics are gone from here (thanks photosucket :mad:)

I use a gun rack that I purchased just for my detectors...

IMG_4474.JPG

IMG_4475.JPG

Back
Top Bottom