Looks like another site got spammed

So Longhair, how is that site set up? Individual moderators are responsible for each sub forum?? There must be an Admin that should be able to take of all that SPAM at once!!
Yes, and there is.
Each sub-forum has it's own moderators, but we have limited power and ability. We can move, merge, lock, pin, and delete posts, but we can't do mass deletions or ban anyone. Those actions must be done by an admin, and it's happening as we speak.

Yes, and there is.
Each sub-forum has it's own moderators, but we have limited power and ability. We can move, merge, lock, pin, and delete posts, but we can't do mass deletions or ban anyone. Those actions must be done by an admin, and it's happening as we speak.

Thanks!

I used to get that !!!! all the time before I added some extra checks to the registration form. The mass-spamming was annoying but not difficult to clean up. Doesn't matter if they posted 10,000 times. Couple of clicks and its all history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All new accounts have to be approved by somebody, but any moderator can approve them. So someone is being careless with their approvals.

The spammer somehow keeps changing IP addresses, and they are posting like crazy.
I've seen several thousand taken down, but this morning I have 578 new posts in the Xterra forum alone.

The spammer somehow keeps changing IP addresses, and they are posting like crazy.
I've seen several thousand taken down, but this morning I have 578 new posts in the Xterra forum alone.

Talk to one of your admins. There are ways to exclude a range of IPs, at the web server level (before the message even gets to the forum software). It wouldn't hurt to exclude a broad range of IPs covering mainland china.

What a pain in the proverbial backside... Why do they do this type of blanket spamming when nobody wants to read their junk to begin with? I mean, what does it profit them?

The only spam anyone likes is the canned kind of Spam :lol:
spam.jpg spamcan2.jpg

Talk to one of your admins. There are ways to exclude a range of IPs, at the web server level (before the message even gets to the forum software). It wouldn't hurt to exclude a broad range of IPs covering mainland china.

Great point Rudy!!

For a forum the size of that one, I don't understand why all that spam is still on there and has not been cleaned up?

Great point Rudy!!

For a forum the size of that one, I don't understand why all that spam is still on there and has not been cleaned up?

Yes. Was thinking the same thing.....(And I'd like to add, that I am somewhat new to being a mod. And thread's like this teach me a lot. Thanks guy's...:yes:)

Back
Top Bottom