Eclipse watchers...There is danger here!

Well...if everybody really WANTS to know what my plans are for this Major eclipsical inbound celestial marketing event?....OK!.....I have a bottle of some fine Piggley Wiggly boxed champagne chilling out on the back deck in ice in a Home Depot bucket, a few cans of BudLight alongside for a palate clenser...A paper plate of 'imported' strawberries, a full whipped cream dispenser, and a Snickers bar cut up in appropriately chunks, some Velveeta squares and Doritos of course... ..

I Built a little love nest with a quilted moving blanket and discarded carpet padding, bubble wrap, some beanie babies, and installed a 'privacy fence' out of some found beach towels draped over the deck railing....So yeah...with all this preparation, I'll be "Under the Weather" in just a little bit I hope!! I got The Barry White soundtrack quede up on the Bose even...

Yeah...So Who needs special glasses or an eye damage warning? After 40 yrs of familiarity? In the dark its pretty much all by feel and muscle memory anyway? Least from what I remember....You gotta take the long shot conjugational opportunities as they present themselves, Like Haleys Comet, only more rare... ....

I aint really hoping for a whole lot, being a married man and a Detectorist, I am prepared for the long shot optimistic outcome along with the high percentage chance of dissapointment....still, like all of us wishful dreamers, I'm taking the shot!

I'll report back..I will at least get to drink those beers...

I may even fire up a left over 4th of July roman candle or a sparkler and run around the neighborhood bare nakid..maybe even gripping them tightly in my buttcheeks and singing Yankee Doodle Dandy?? I mean hey...how often does a guy get a chance to run down the street nakid with pyrotechnics shooting out his coal chute? In the middle of the day? I'm a hopeless romantic I guess..,,wish me luck! I'm way overdue...

:laughing::laughing::lol: Evidently you must not have run amok during the eclipse, I didn't see any breaking news reports on wild eclipse behavior at any rate!

GLK, It was amazing here in Gaston. We are 3 miles from the center of the eclipse, we all had ISO 12312-2 rated eclipse glasses and my little Fuji fastpics camera did a pretty good job with pics.

Attachments

• DSCF1683.jpg
    DSCF1683.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF1690.jpg
    DSCF1690.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF1700.jpg
    DSCF1700.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF1706.jpg
    DSCF1706.jpg