• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Success in the Wet Sand - Beautiful 10K!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
After my hunt on Wednesday, I knew I was going to attempt another wet sand hunt today with Noxy at another beach I like to try every now and then when I believe the wet sand might be good. Low tide was just after 7:30 am so I would not have much time to work the wet sand getting there at 1st light. This time I did not go in the water and stayed completely hunting the wet sand for 3 hours. Almost all the targets were in a 10-foot swath running parallel to the shore in the mid to upper tide line. In the lower sections it would just be some pull tabs and light stuff. I got the SS ring early. Sinkers were not showing up, so I was not to hopeful. In my last half hour I got a “9/10” on Noxy – my 1st. It was my 3rd pass in the same area and I immediately thought gold! I dig the target and unload the sand. I run the detector over the hole and the target was out. I kicked the small sand pile and I saw the glint of white:dingding:. I was now elated as I was able to score as I was about to end my hunt!

However, my elation ended when I got to my car and took out my jeweler’s loupe that I keep in my car and saw no markings. I then compare it to the weight of the other stainless ring, and they feel about the same. Disappointment now set in my fellow pirates.:( When I got home, I got a toothbrush and some toothpaste and cleaned all the sand that was in the crevices of the underside of the ring. I then took it to check the diamonds with my tester and everyone I tested lit up the tester! :shock: I then take out my jeweler’s glasses and go outside into the sunlight and again carefully examine the inside of the ring. And lo and behold, I found a VERY faint “10K” marking. :clapping: All is well in the world again! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 10-1-22.jpg
    10-1-22.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 474
  • 10-1-22 Ring.jpg
    10-1-22 Ring.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 474
  • 10-1-22 Euro.jpg
    10-1-22 Euro.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 471
  • 10-1-22 Fits.jpg
    10-1-22 Fits.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 476
Yay , you got gold ! But can you pinch your knuckles with pliers or lube the ring up ? I want to see a ring bigger than a 4.5

Nice score Felix, but it doesn't fit.... no one wears their rings in front of their knuckles... stop spewing your fake news :D

So you gents can understand my finger size...
Yay , you got gold ! But can you pinch your knuckles with pliers or lube the ring up ? I want to see a ring bigger than a 4.5
:laughing:
Nice score Felix, but it doesn't fit.... no one wears their rings in front of their knuckles... stop spewing your fake news :D
:laughing:

...the struggle is real! :lol:

Attachments

• 20221002_142950.jpg
    20221002_142950.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 334
Ahhh... now I can see it's a size 8. Makes sense , so I can give you some slack. I got the same issue. Big fingers. Couldn't figure out for the longest time why you only found these dinker rings. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom