Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 04-16-2022, 07:41 PM
Supporter

Talking Looks like Mud was there, was he one of the other teachers ? (see background on left side)

The "Friendly Metal Detecting Forum" is kinda like an online school of metal detecting, but both informative and fun ! Name:  stooges.gif
Views: 266
Size:  30.7 KB

John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Last edited by GKL; 04-17-2022 at 03:13 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2022, 09:24 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by GKL View post
The "Friendly Metal Detecting Forum" is kinda like an online school of metal detecting, but both informative and fun !
Oh,Man! KT used to be able to sing that song right along with those "3 crazy guys"! HAPPY EASTER, everyone!

Old 04-16-2022, 10:52 PM
Elite Member

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk..........

Old 04-17-2022, 10:36 AM
Elite Member

Is Tom_in_CA actually digging for hidden treasure ? (and what treasure might he find ? see pic below animation)
Attachment 497809
Full of Large cents...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2022, 03:06 PM
Supporter

Looks like Dave's electric all-terrain skateboard is good for getting to detecting spots faster
fast way to get through the woods

Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future. Collect Philippines coins as a hobby

Old 04-18-2022, 10:58 AM
Supporter

The "Friendly Metal Detecting Forum" is kinda like an online school of metal detecting, but both informative and fun ! Attachment 498365
Took me a minute to see Mud Puppy in the background of the picture

Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future. Collect Philippines coins as a hobby

Old 04-18-2022, 04:27 PM
Supporter

Talking Looks like KT REALLY "digs" his fluorescent mineral collecting hobby !

Looks like geologist KT (KingTotsalot) wanted to be 100% sure whether there were any fluorescent mineral deposits on his property

....and check the post at this link to see just one of KT's mineral specimens (there are many more on that thread)

https://metaldetectingforum.com/show...89#post3381089
Name:  KT holding a fluorescent rock100.gif
Views: 272
Size:  185.5 KB

Navy Vet

Old 04-18-2022, 05:26 PM
Supporter

Looks like geologist KT (KingTotsalot) wanted to be 100% sure whether there were any fluorescent mineral deposits on his property

....and check the post at this link to see just one of KT's mineral specimens (there are many more on that thread)

Attachment 498463
looks like he is working hard at it.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:34 PM
Elite Member

That was me about 25 years ago tunneling underground in a bottle dump.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2022, 07:40 PM
Supporter

Talking

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
looks like he is working hard at it.
determination !

Originally Posted by GLASSHOPPER1955 View post
That was me about 25 years ago tunneling underground in a bottle dump.
that must have been some very old bottles that deep !

Navy Vet

Old 04-19-2022, 10:04 PM
Supporter

Talking Looks like his dog is supervising him !

Looks like Dave is a REALLY precise landscaper when it comes to his lawn

Navy Vet

Old 04-20-2022, 12:12 AM
Supporter

Talking Hey, at least it looks fairly easy to make !

Introducing the "CHORES OR DETECTING DECIDER" ! (based on a proven scientific principle.... GRAVITY ! )

Navy Vet

Old 04-20-2022, 12:53 AM
Elite Member

Introducing the "CHORES OR DETECTING DECIDER" ! (based on a proven scientific principle.... GRAVITY ! )

GKL, you are a riot. I just spent the last 10 minutes showing my wife all the cartoons you did of me and the others. Brought a smile to her face.

Old 04-20-2022, 01:23 AM
Supporter

Where do I order one ?

Old 04-20-2022, 11:22 AM
Supporter

Looks about right , since it is going to rain much of next few days my spinner is stuck on clean the garage.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:31 AM
Supporter

Default Spring time in Missouri

Looks like Dave is a REALLY precise landscaper when it comes to his lawn
Looks correct really been working on getting the yard back in shape for this spring, lots of planting , splitting Hosta and other bulb plants adding new bulb plant , working in new grass seed, planting sunflower seed , still have most of my seeding vegetables and flower inside till fear of heavy frost is gone. Even though we are still getting cold weather already had to cut the grass the last 3 weeks. Getting lots of rain which is good for growing but not so good for detecting.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:59 AM
Supporter

Talking

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post

GKL, you are a riot. I just spent the last 10 minutes showing my wife all the cartoons you did of me and the others. Brought a smile to her face.
Thanks Tom, so glad both you and your wife enjoyed them, and that you have a good sense of humor for willing to be edited into some of them

Originally Posted by Soil Surgeon View post

Where do I order one ?
.....not 100% sure if you are serious or joking

Anyhow, the animation I edited looks like it was a homemade device made by someone, good thing is that it looks simple enough to make that no instructions should be needed

Looks about right , since it is going to rain much of next few days my spinner is stuck on clean the garage.
if it ever gets stuck on "clean the garage" on non-rain days you'll need to repair it

(I wonder if a few members might actually try making one themselves )

(any husbands who get questioned by their wife as to why they went detecting when chores needed done first can simply point to the device and say "that's why" )

Looks correct really been working on getting the yard back in shape for this spring, lots of planting , splitting Hosta and other bulb plants adding new bulb plant , working in new grass seed, planting sunflower seed , still have most of my seeding vegetables and flower inside till fear of heavy frost is gone. Even though we are still getting cold weather already had to cut the grass the last 3 weeks. Getting lots of rain which is good for growing but not so good for detecting.
You said it "Looks correct" ? ......so you actually do use scissors to manicure your lawn with such detailed precision ?

(just joking Dave ! )

Navy Vet

Old 04-20-2022, 11:59 AM
Elite Member

I agree with this !

Old 04-20-2022, 12:03 PM
Supporter

Talking

Originally Posted by metaladdict View post
I agree with this !
.....now only if husbands could get their wife to agree with it too

Navy Vet

Old 04-20-2022, 03:16 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Attachment 498463
HA HA, no tunneling going on the Castle ground, but when the property was purchased, KT had a waterwell drilled. The drillers log read: 0-100 feet - sand and fine sand, 100-300 feet - black clay, 300 to 345 feet - grey limestone, 345 to 360 feet - hard rock (that is where KT made him stop drilling as no water was coming out of that hard rock, but from the limestone! So with that, the first 300 feet were too young to contain any collectable, much less, fluorescent minerals! HA HA

I do like the electric light system strung in that tunnel tho! That looks like an operation to smuggle drugs into the USA!

Tags
edit, funny, photos, pics, pictures