• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ten Marbles

teotwawki12

Elite Member
Back to the place where I recently found a nice 1913 registration plate...

So far, just mid-century stuff. But I enjoy finding marbles, and got on a good pocket in which I scored ten more of them. I think these are "aggies"?? The look agate-ish to me anyway... Always happy to find embossed milk bottles too, and found two of those as well.

The costume clip-on earrings fell out of the dirt together.

I'm going to have to be a bit tactical about my approach next time I go back, as there are two very large rocks perched above the spot I've been digging in. If this is my last post, you know the rocks got me!

Attachments

• KIMG0518.jpg
    KIMG0518.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 286
  • KIMG0520.jpg
    KIMG0520.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 283
  • KIMG0521.jpg
    KIMG0521.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 286
  • KIMG0523.jpg
    KIMG0523.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 284
  • KIMG0524.jpg
    KIMG0524.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCN0887.jpg
    DSCN0887.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCN0886.jpg
    DSCN0886.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCN0885.jpg
    DSCN0885.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 283
  • KIMG0526.jpg
    KIMG0526.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 279
  • KIMG0525.jpg
    KIMG0525.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCN0891.jpg
    DSCN0891.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 297
Great post! Excellent finds, play by play and photos!10 nice marbles on one hunt is quite an achievement. Nice bottles too! Congrats!
Be careful that you don't get stoned on a future trip.

Teo.... What spectacular finds! Enjoyed your story and photos too. Who would have ever thought you'd find marbles and all the other stuff in a remote location like that? Maybe it was a kid's secret hiding place back in the day. Congrats!
--Diana
SilverLegacy47

Teo.... What spectacular finds! Enjoyed your story and photos too. Who would have ever thought you'd find marbles and all the other stuff in a remote location like that? Maybe it was a kid's secret hiding place back in the day. Congrats!
--Diana
SilverLegacy47

It is a spot where folks used to dump their trash over the side of the hill. Guessing mom threw the toys out after little Johnny left and joined the army. …probably threw out stacks of baseball cards that would be worth thousands today too! :lol:

Very nice finds! I don't find many marbles. Did run across a guy years ago when i disconnected buildings in the old section of town to be demolished who said he used to make a good income off of them on feebay. For some reason a lot were in old bottle dumps. But these yards were small. Maybe the Moms stepped on a couple and made them disappear?:lol:

Love those marbles and the bottles too. Pics are great. Wish we had some bottle dumps out here...there was one I think anyway, but all the bottles are broken and it's a SRA or I'd start digging through 'em :lol:

It is a spot where folks used to dump their trash over the side of the hill. Guessing mom threw the toys out after little Johnny left and joined the army. …probably threw out stacks of baseball cards that would be worth thousands today too! :lol:

Nice milks. The square one is probably post WW2. There may be 2-digit lightly embossed date codes on the bottoms. I found one of my best local milks (a quart creamtop!) over the side of a road where folks would throw junk over the edge. I saw just part of the top sticking out, and when I freed it from Mother Earth I was :shock: at what it was.

Attachments

• DSCN7649.jpg
    DSCN7649.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 193
Nice milks. The square one is probably post WW2. There may be 2-digit lightly embossed date codes on the bottoms. I found one of my best local milks (a quart creamtop!) over the side of a road where folks would throw junk over the edge. I saw just part of the top sticking out, and when I freed it from Mother Earth I was :shock: at what it was.

Well that’s a beauty! Haven’t ever found a cream top myself….

You guys find marbles with a md. Impressive…

You have to turn off discrimination and notch out the high tones. Swinging really fast and high helps, but if that doesn’t work, pumping the coil around the area (in all-metal)like you are ground balancing will. Generally the signals give a low grunt, chirp, then a low grunt again. Also, the older clay marbles are easier to find if you dip your coil in paraffin and let it set overnight.

Back
Top Bottom