Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 09-22-2018, 09:10 AM
Supporter

Default Who is your favorite youtube metal detecting personality?

Who is your favorite Youtube personality and Why? Share you thoughts with all of us.

Mine used to be Aquachigger and Nugget Noggin. But now I have refined my list down to Brad at Green Mountain Metal Detecting and Calabash Digger and Relic Recoverists. Jocelyn is much more than a pretty face and great personality. She knows her stuff about metal detecting.

Why Brad? He just does what he does well. He produces quality metal detecting videos and hunts in some of the most beautiful woods and mountains of any Youtube personality. And he has a good relaxing on camera personality in all his videos. Even more fun when Eddie appears on the scene.

The other one I watch the most is Calabash Digger. He is seems to always be seeking the most out of metal detectors and with his efforts to learn we all can benefit by watching his videos. He has a good test garden, but also one with a sandy soil that gives good reading at depth. I am not so fortunate with my area. Like Brad he also gets out and actually hunts. He puts metal detecting first and videos second much like Brad does.

I learn the most form Calabash, he knows many detectors, has strong opinions, his videos are very good instructional videos. In the field some of his days are like most of my days and finds little of value. But then one day he finds the John Adams cuff link. Whoa, can we say "I think I found something good."?

A lot of other Youtube metal detecting stars are focused on the youtube $$$.

Last edited by maxxkatt; 09-29-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:06 AM
Supporter

Along with the ones mentioned already I watch the Gigmaster too.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:39 AM
Elite Member

I love me some Gigmaster. Calabash is great and very informative. Other than that I tend to watch Nox videos with time spent looking at the TIDs because I want to learn that detector. I am sure there are some good ones out there that don't use Nox, I just don't have enough time to watch them.

BCD

Old 09-22-2018, 11:30 AM
Supporter

A lady from New Jersey ( originally from Utah ) who goes by the name " THE DETECTORISTA ". She goes along the shore with her Bounty Hunter , a shovel , her recently acquired pinpointer ( which she loves ) and her camera . You can tell she is passionate about metal detecting and is having a great time even when the finds aren't that spectacular . You feel like you are right there with her as she digs and pinpoints when going after her targets .The way she talks you get the feeling she thinks you are right there with her also . Her camera work is great and she will show some great panoramic shots of the areas she's detecting . Her videos are interesting and pleasant viewing . I think her videos would also be encouraging to the ladies who may be curious about detecting and thinking about taking up detecting .

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:58 AM

I used to love Aquachiggers vids but in recent times i sense somethings on his mind/ he doesnt seem very happy anymore, wherever he is . hope im wrong!

i really like that Canadian guys vids "Gary reed unfrequented world" , because of the honesty of them.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:05 PM

All the above plus Bill Southern and Wildcat Creek Survival.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:59 PM

I like Calabash Digger. Not only have I learned a lot by watching him, but he just has that personality like he could easily be your best friend. He just has an agreeable personality. A real cool dude for sure.

I also like Jocelyn a lot. Always have had a thing for females who were a little on the punky side. Jocelyn is an individual and doesn't try to hide it. I like that. She reminds me a lot of Cyndi Lauper for some reason, lol. She seems to have a really fresh and uplifting view of life, which I find attractive.

So yeah, those are my picks. I enjoy watching them all, but those are the two that I really enjoy.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:26 PM
Elite Member

youtube metal detecting "personality"------That is a bit of a stretch for that word. If you had said who on U tube is the most informative in a professional manner then that would fit. Or, who presents their impression of a subject in a humorous manner best. Or, which one of the U tubers do you most enjoy. Or, you might say which is hard to view but still presents very good information. We had a pair on the TV swinging ATP's and they didn't even class as being a personality.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:55 PM
Supporter

I've been watching Gary Reed's unfrequented world...I think he goes by Fivepin on the forum. There's some great Canadian scenery and he usually throws in some humor. Great quality too.

For detector comparisons and tests I like Calabash Digger's vids. I think his tests are fair.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:59 PM
Elite Member

Diggin with Britt

Old 09-22-2018, 05:17 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by ChrisMD View post
Hahahahaha, I was waiting for someone to say this. I bet this is your favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffEiLn-ISBE&t=773s
That chic would be the perfect hunting partner

Old 09-23-2018, 10:24 AM
Supporter

Old 09-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Supporter

YES! YES! A thousand times YES! Fast forward to 6:44! See the screen? Shes running Pro Zero and 3 clicks down from full sens! Great settings for working the salt! Or is she in Pro Custom? I'll have to go take another look!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:20 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View post
Diggin with Britt

You watch for the tips right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 09-24-2018, 11:59 AM
Elite Member

nuggetnoggin is my favorite by far...they're clean, he always finds neat stuff, and he shares the Gospel in his videos.

I believe with all my heart that standing for America means standing up for God who has so blessed this land- Ronald Reagan.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:44 AM
Elite Member

[QUOTE=ChrisMD;3006519]I bet youre fun at parties.

Setting back and just reading the mail I see that the term "personality" as being used as another way to just say "our friends in the hobby". Sorry for the lack of fun.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:04 AM
Elite Member

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned "Metal detecting adventures with Romy" Another well-done favorite. He even adds the touch of flying over his spots, prior to the actual hunts. So you see an aerial view before they take you to various So. CA beaches. A little geeky at times, but .... fun nonetheless.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:22 AM
Supporter

Brad from Green Mountain Detecting is high on my list for personality. He finds great things but it is his down to earth attitude that I really like. I had to think about this for a bit but it hit me how many times I told my wife how well I thought this guy made his videos. Not a lot of hoohaa, just a guy in the woods finding cool stuff.

I agree with Tom also, the California relic guys have great personalities, Dddddude!

Nuggetnoggin was great to watch until he went biblical, I seek that elsewhere.

Aquachigger was high on my list before he was aquachigger and did more land hunting.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:04 PM
Elite Member

Smile

I really enjoy watching the NuggetNoggin YouTube videos. Before I was really into MDing, just about 2 years ago, my brother and I were watching unrelated videos on YouTube and came across a video of someone MDing. Remembering what fun it was (as I had gone a couple times with him in the past), we looked up another MDing video. We quickly came across NuggetNoggin and after an hour or two later of watching his videos it was supper time so we had to be done.

I love the Bible verses he puts in his vids, too.

Matthew 6:19-21 ~ 2021: 61 Clad coins ($2.98) ~ 2 Wheats ~ 2 Silver Coins
Totals: 770 Clad Coins ($48.79) ~ Wheats: 5 ~ Silver Coins: 2

2 Tokens ~ 5 Foreign ~ Oldest Coin: 1945 Wheatie
Garrett Treasure Ace 300 ~ Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ BH Jr ~ GP-Pointer

Last edited by Wolf-Dog; 09-23-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:14 PM
Elite Member

nuggetnoggin & jd's variety channel

Fisher f 70,Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger,Oldest coins 1900 o 1906 o Barber Dime,1916 s 1917 1919 1926 Mercs ' 42 d Walker,'54 Ben F. 1887 Std. Dime. 1871 Canada dime. Chinese cash coin. 1880+1878 +1888 Indian cent.

Tags
youtube