• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Delta 4000

I found it

Hi:

I am Dave from Plymouth, MA. Not having much results with my Delta 4000, was using it at the waters edge on the beach and got a lot of one time hits, but when I swept the area again, nothing. I was using the all metals setting with iron and aluminum notched out Any suggestion on what setting would work best at the beach? Thank for the help, I appreciate it, :?:

Hi:

I am Dave from Plymouth, MA. Not having much results with my Delta 4000, was using it at the waters edge on the beach and got a lot of one time hits, but when I swept the area again, nothing. I was using the all metals setting with iron and aluminum notched out Any suggestion on what setting would work best at the beach? Thank for the help, I appreciate it, :?:

Your machine probably can't handle the salt water. I suggest you stay in the dry sand.

Turn your sensitivity down. Turn your disc up a little. Keep you coil a couple inches above, consistently level and parallel to the ground. Work from waters edge towards dry sand then back towards waters edge. Good luck

.... and got a lot of one time hits, but when I swept the area again, nothing.....

All of what you're alluding to are mostly audio descriptions. And ambiguous subjective things like what constitutes a beep, or a hit, or swing/sweep, etc.... All having to do with audio.

And the problem with that is: Printed text can never do justice to describing "audio". It would be like me asking you to : "Describe the sound of C-major in printed text". You can't do it. It can only be heard . And in conjunction with md'ing specifically: Heard in conjunction with the swing. Ie.: isolating the target (or lack thereof).

So: Have you thought about getting together with a proficient user in your area, to trade off flagged wild signals back and forth ? Watch the way he swings. Ask him to un-plug his jack so you can hear what he's trying to isolate. Ask him "why or why not chase?" type of questions. Conversely you flag signals for him (those "one-way-non-repeating) signals and see/hear what he's hearing/seeing/feeling.

There's really no other way, for a question that is 99% sound & feel related. Printed text can never do the question any justice.

And when I say "proficient user", I mean: Someone who's routinely coming in with the goods. Not just a sand-box clad hunter. Not someone who's merely strip-mining and occasionally getting lucky.

And when I say "proficient user", I mean: Someone who's routinely coming in with the goods. Not just a sand-box clad hunter. Not someone who's merely strip-mining and occasionally getting lucky.
"Sand-Box Clad Hunter" ???? But Tom, you know full well that's where the Large Cents hide...….at least here on the EAST coast.:laughing:
And....maybe hunting sand boxes would be a good way to practice for the beach:laughing:

Folks:

THank you for your insight, I greatly appreciate it. I think it's a good idea to find someone in Massachusetts who I can meet with and learn how to improve my skills. That will be my next post. Again, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom