• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Happy to be facebookless

metaladdict

Elite Member
I don't really use FB so I shut off my account a few months ago.
I spend most of my time here and couldn't be happier 😃

While I do have FB I am not a big fan of spending much time on it, I can go days without even checking it, have even went weeks without checking it, I keep it to occasionally see what out of town relatives and friends are up to from their posts and might occasionally get on it just long enough to make a post myself :lol:

I don't have one. This is the only "group" I belong to. If I wasn't married, I probably wouldn't even have a cellphone. (My wife is usually the only person I text or call.) I guess I am not the social butterfly I once thought I was. :laughing:

I don't have one. This is the only "group" I belong to. If I wasn't married, I probably wouldn't even have a cellphone. (My wife is usually the only person I text or call.) I guess I am not the social butterfly I once thought I was. :laughing:

:laughing:

My wife is also usually the only person I get calls / texts from, usually 99% of the other calls are scams or telemarketers or robocalls :lol:

In order to know immediately if it is my wife calling before even looking at my phone I used a free "talking ringtone" app and made a talking ringtone tied to my wife's number, so anytime she calls instead of ringing, my phone uses a computer voice to say:

"Excuse me sir, your wife is calling" :laughing:

it will keep repeating that phrase a few times, that way I know it is her before I even take my phone out of it's holder on my belt :laughing:

Maybe I should add a talking ringtone to her phone for when I call her and maybe have it say:

"Excuse me ma'am, your handsome, smart husband is calling" :laughing:

(and maybe add it without first telling her, then I could imagine the look on her face the first time I call her afterwards :shock: :laughing:)

My wife is also usually the only person I get calls / texts from, usually 99% of the other calls are scams or telemarketers or robocalls :lol:

In order to know immediately if it is my wife calling before even looking at my phone I used a free "talking ringtone" app and made a talking ringtone tied to my wife's number, so anytime she calls instead of ringing, my phone uses a computer voice to say:

it will keep repeating that phrase a few times, that way I know it is her before I even take my phone out of it's holder on my belt :laughing:

Maybe I should add a talking ringtone to her phone for when I call her and maybe have it say:

(and maybe add it without first telling her, then I could imagine the look on her face the first time I call her afterwards :shock: :laughing:)

Pretty cool ideas there G ! :lol:

"Excuse me ma'am, your handsome, intelligent, and articulate husband is calling" :laughing:

Fixed it for ya. :D

Roger

Mine is still active, but recently I went 3 weeks without checking. I am on this forum reading every single day.

Yeah, on facebook keep up with some cousins, several old high school friends a few college chums and my wife's relatives.

My cousins have this strange habit photographing each meal they eat out in what they think is a ritzy restaurant. Like, who cares?

So I posted a happy meal photo and the caption: Just had a wonderful meal at Petit Trois Le vite nourriture.

I don't think my cousins got the point.

Pretty cool ideas there G ! :lol:

Thanks, and I really might try that on my wife's phone :laughing:

"Excuse me ma'am, your handsome, intelligent, and articulate husband is calling"

Fixed it for ya. :D

Roger

:laughing: and don't forget "verbose" :laughing:

Mine is still active, but recently I went 3 weeks without checking. I am on this forum reading every single day.

Yeah, on facebook keep up with some cousins, several old high school friends a few college chums and my wife's relatives.

My cousins have this strange habit photographing each meal they eat out in what they think is a ritzy restaurant. Like, who cares?

So I posted a happy meal photo and the caption: Just had a wonderful meal at Petit Trois Le vite nourriture.

I don't think my cousins got the point.

:laughing: that was funny :laughing:

……..maybe next time post a peanut butter and jelly sandwich :laughing:

There is a better one you can download. It is of a girl moaning in bed , etc. Try that ...

Your welcome , THE KOB

I use it for market place and buy sell and trade sites. I just got a BH quick draw 2 for $10 that came with headphones. Looks new just missing the battery cover

(Note: the free "talking ringtone" app I use is not premade phrases, but you type what you want the ringtone to say for different callers.)

I keep mine to keep up with events going on around town, as well as my kids' school and sports. Much easier than checking a bunch of different calendars every week to find things to do. My friends don't post much, no family or coworkers on my list as a personal rule, and anybody that gets political gets unfollowed.

Last edited:
I had a Facebook account for one day..Then I got a ton of friend request from people I broke ties with long ago...Shut that sucker down and never looked back..

I still use an OLD flip phone. May some day upgrade. I might send two texts a week and maybe three calls. My home landline phone blocks all calls that are not in my directory. Most of the spammers give up after about the 20th time they get blocked. I however do like my ring tone. It is the submarine diving alarm on an old submarine klaxon.

Last time I think I was on Facebook was to find my profile picture for this forum a year or so ago. I'd delete it but there's probably some pictures I'll want on there some day. Used it in college because, well... girls:) but I'm married now and I'd rather be here, outside, or now that its football season watching the Vikings.

I don't really use FB so I shut off my account a few months ago.
I spend most of my time here and couldn't be happier 😃

I quit facebook ten years ago cannot even look at it . So many stupid things posted on there. This site is definitely time well spent.

I have to keep it for a couple of clubs that I belong to as they think that's the only way to communicate.

I'm tempted to start a FB page, just to keep up with family happenings, but most of the people that I know who have FB pages are utter drama queens (and kings).

Back
Top Bottom