Hello from Lanarkshire, Scotland

Private

Hi everyone, Steve here i'm new to the Hobby and keen to get hunting with my 9 year old son (and 6 year old daughter, who just cant see her brother have all the fun! ) I have recently purchased a Garrett 250 and hope this is a good base to start with.

Thanks for accepting my registration.

Steve.

Welcome from South San Francisco California .Best of luck to you and the kids in this great hobby .The Ace 250 will get you the goods, an excellent starter .

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

We have some friends that recently visited Scotland and brought my wife and I back some candy from Scotland, here is what it looked like -
Scotland_candy.jpg

Scotland_candy_2.jpg

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Ace 250 is a good starter machine but that bell ding ding ding will soon drive you up the wall. Had one myself, so you will probably want to upgrade later, anyway welcome from Arizona, USA...Happy hunting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Welcome from California. Take that machine out to any cultivated fields , at cross-roads type areas (where travel and stopping and habitations would ideally be). And look in the fallow ground season for locations that evidence brick, tile, shell-midden, etc..... That will tell you where yesteryear habitations were. The UK guys know all the rules-of-thumb for picking which fields show tell-tale clues to hunt.

Or simply hit the yards of old castles and homes :)

:fmdfwelcome: We're glad to have you, and hope to hear about your finds!

Metal detecting is really a great family sport. I hope that you and your kids enjoy it, as I do with my family! The Ace 250 is a great machine; I have a lot of fun with it. :D God bless!

Thanks for the warm welcome you everyone, much appreciated. I will update any finds we come across when out and about. Well once I've figured out how to use it properly.

Steve.

welcome from Atlanta, GA!

There have been more than a few UK treasures found with a Garrett ACE.

Compared to the US, you guys in the UK have a huge advantage over us. Thousands of years of gold and silver treasures lost or buried.

We do have native gold, but our coinage does not go back very far. And we have had no kings to accumulate treasure. Other than the 1715 Spanish fleet that sunk withing a few miles of the east coast of Florida. 11 treasure laden ships sunk in a hurricane.

Back
Top Bottom