• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I Have Finally Found My First Silver Coin!

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
Last summer I spent a lot of time researching old houses in our area, but unfortunately only made it out to one of them. However, yesterday after church my sister Chelsea and I went to an older area nearby with several old houses, which I had found using Historic Aerials. The first couple we knocked at no one answered, but we got a "yes" from the third house. :mder: We got our gear on and started detecting… it was maybe a minute into the hunt that I got my first signal- a solid dime reading on my Garrett Treasure Ace 300. I popped open a plug and stuck my pinpointer in and it right away started to go off. I flipped over a little clump of dirt and saw the stunning edge of a silver coin peeping out of the dirt! Carefully removing it from the clump of dirt I noticed the D mint mark on the reverse. I had finally found my first silver, a 1963-D Rosie! :woot:

After getting some pics and filling my plug back in, I resumed scanning and immediately got another dime signal about 6 inches away. I cut another plug, stuck in my pin-pointer again, and it quickly went off. I reached down and pulled another silver Rosie out from the dirt, also another 1963-D. :cool3:

Later on in the hunt, I found a wheat penny (1945) about 3 inches away from the silvers, and an unfired .22 LR cartridge. :D

Thank you all for looking, happy hunting, & God bless! :mder:

5.2.2010 - 1st MD Silver - 1963-D Rosie (Full In situ - Resized).jpg

5.2.2010 - 1st MD Silver - 1963-D Rosie (Close In situ - Resized).jpg

5.2.2010 - 2nd Silver FTY - 1963-D Rosie Full In situ - Resized).jpg

5.2.2010 - 2nd Silver FTY - 1963-D Rosie (Close In situ - Resized).jpg

5.2.2010 - 1st & 2nd Silver (Resized).jpg

5.2.2021 Good Finds (Resized).jpg

Last edited:
A huge CONGRATS from me. That's an awesome feeling. And also your 1st 2 silvers in 1 hunt... How cool is that. Great perseverance to get those.

You are now a member of the exclusive & elite "silver coin club". Also, you are doing it in the correct date order : Roosies first. Then you can progress to merc. Then barbers, then seateds, etc... There's no "skipping to the head of the class " :cool3:

You are now a member of the exclusive & elite "silver coin club". Also, you are doing it in the correct date order : Roosies first. Then you can progress to merc. Then barbers, then seateds, etc... There's no "skipping to the head of the class " :cool3:
Yay! Thank you, Tom, I was hoping you would let me join this exclusive club! :cool3: I'm not sure about this order thing I'm supposed to follow though... ;)

Big congrats on your first Silva coinđź‘Ť
Thank you, Metaladdict! :D

Congrats. That is one heck of a feeling.
Thank you, Jed! It was definitely a thrilling moment! :woot:

Nice! More will surely follow
Thank you, Bigd! That would be sweet! :mder:

Great job again Garrett! I would try to get back out there and hit that spot from a few different angles, low and slow! I'd be willing to bet a few more show up. Congrats!!!

Good for you! I know the feeling, having found my first silver coin last week.

A toast to many more!

You are floating on a cloud! That silver looks beautiful in that dark dark soil a big congratulations!:dingding:

Last summer I spent a lot of time researching old houses in our area, but unfortunately only made it out to one of them. However, yesterday after church my sister Chelsea and I went to an older area nearby with several old houses, which I had found using Historical Aerials. The first couple we knocked at no one answered, but we got a "yes" from the third house. :mder: We got our gear on and started detecting… it was maybe a minute into the hunt that I got my first signal- a solid dime reading on my Garrett Treasure Ace 300. I popped open a plug and stuck my pinpointer in and it right away started to go off. I flipped over a little clump of dirt and saw the stunning edge of a silver coin peeping out of the dirt! Carefully removing it from the clump of dirt I noticed the D mint mark on the reverse. I had finally found my first silver, a 1963-D Rosie! :woot:

After getting some pics and filling my plug back in, I resumed scanning and immediately got another dime signal about 6 inches away. I cut another plug, stuck in my pin-pointer again, and it quickly went off. I reached down and pulled another silver Rosie out from the dirt, also another 1963-D. :cool3:

Later on in the hunt, I found a wheat penny (1945) about 3 inches away from the silvers, and an unfired .22 LR cartridge. :D

Thank you all for looking, happy hunting, & God bless! :mder:

woot!..woot! those "silvers" had your name on them wolfie!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Congrats on your 1st silver and with silver #2 too!!! You are on a silver roll!
Thank you so much, John! I can't wait to find some more! :mder:

Congrats! Two in one is a great day!
Thank you, Jeff! It was super exciting finding them back-to-back, too! :woot: :woot:

Awesome, that’s something you’ll always remember. Congrats!
I appreciate your reply. Thank you, Jason. :D

Awesome way to get your first silver , a twin double header ! Nice play by play and
photos also .Congrats !
Thank you for your kind reply, George! :cool3:

Congratulations on your first silvers!
Thank you, Gardinerdigger! :D

Great job again Garrett! I would try to get back out there and hit that spot from a few different angles, low and slow! I'd be willing to bet a few more show up. Congrats!!!
Thank you, Jeff! There were still a few signals in a really close area, too. :good: I wasn't able to finish digging them all before we needed to go for the day, but hopefully they're still there when we come back. :mder:

Congratulations on your first silvers WD!:kingdances::dingding:
Thank you, BuscaPlata! :cool3:

Good for you! I know the feeling, having found my first silver coin last week.

A toast to many more!
Thank you, John! Congrats to you, as well! :woot:

You are floating on a cloud! That silver looks beautiful in that dark dark soil a big congratulations!:dingding:
Thank you, Dan! :cool3:

woot!..woot! those "silvers" had your name on them wolfie!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
Thank you, jmaryt! Yeppers, they sure did! :D

Well alright, ATTABOY, and way to go Wolfdog a HUGE CONGRATS on silvers #1 &2. Well deserved and way overdue your persistence has paid off. Ain't that a great feeling to see silver in hole ? Absolutely, I would make a return trip if possible and hit it again. Good luck, Mark

Back
Top Bottom