Vacation detecting in V.A. and WVa.

Tom as i said it is the LAW. I dont know how many times you have ranted and raved over the last few years making it look like everyone but you is an idiot because we can read and understand the law.

MY FRIEND is a FINE gentleman and not as you might suggest otherwise. HE

Tom as i said it is the LAW....

And as you can clearly see, I said that that was/is not in dispute. So what the h*ll are we talking about ? :?:

MY FRIEND is a FINE gentleman and not as you might suggest otherwise. HE

Huh ? All the rangers, who pass down this information, when answering the question (and perhaps even enforce), in all 50 states with identical wording, ARE INDEED "fine gentlemen" . So I have no idea what you are referring to ? :?:

You are missing the much bigger picture behind all of this.

I take considerable insult from you and your veiled suggestion that my friend who is an upstanding member of the law enforcement is not honest. That appears to be your view of all laws and those who enforce the law.

Jeff recently cited a number of people for violating that law and the courts removed a few hundred dollars from their pockets because it is the law in WV.

Until you are man enough to test those laws that you seem to disregard in states that have those prohibitions in writing then you are just blowing smoke and in essence telling folks it is permissible to violate the written law.

YOU CAN DOUBT all you want but till you come and test those laws you are just a big mouthed know it all who like to blow smoke.

I take considerable insult from you and your veiled suggestion that my friend who is an upstanding member of the law enforcement is not honest......

Huh ? Where are you getting that ? I don't doubt any LEO's integrity and honesty . So where are you getting this George ? And I keep saying repeatedly that, yes, there most certainly is laws that forbid harvest and remove. Not just in WV, and not just on your friend's beach, but in ALL 50 states. And on EVERY level of park (city, county, state & federal). And I don't doubt that some places might actually enforce it. So what you referring to ? :?:

F-O, you're making this much too easy. Go back to your post #10 in this thread.

Notice the following quote pulled from you (in direct answer to the question posed on this thread, in the first place) :

" ....Metal detecting is not allowed..."

Ok. Now if that's not "dire" and "scary" to an md'r, then ... pray-tell, WHAT IS ? :?:
Let’s go back further, shall we Tom. In Post #8, georgeinsc stated that it was strictly forbidden by law to metal detect in the State Parks of West Virginia. You then asked where he got that information cuz you couldn’t find anything about it. I did a 20 second Google search and found a link.
I then said…and I quote: “Found this after a quick Google search” and then provided the exact quote from the link(s)…(which I also provided). Those were not MY words. Those are the words of someone else. All I did was supply a link in response to what you asked, essentially saying: “Here, Tom…this might be what geoprgeinsc is referring to”.
And then in post #15 I explained what I posted and why I posted it, which should have ended my part of this entire discussion. But nope, you had to come back and make it seem as if I posted some horrendously horrible stuff that was both “dire” and “scary”, when, if fact, it was plain for anyone to see that I simply provided links and a direct quote.

If you think what was said in the link I provided was dire and scary, then take it up with the guy who actually said it, not me. How does the phrase go…oh yeah…“don’t shoot the messenger”.

Let’s go back further, shall we Tom. In Post #8, georgeinsc stated that....

Fair enough. And guess what ? This was fully answered in this subsequent thread. I suggest you read it :

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=289630

Don't you see what's going on F-O ? OF COURSE we can all "swat hornet's nests" and get answers to our "pressing questions" which then, like here with you, can NEVER BE PUT TO REST . Yet no one's ever asking themselves : "How did this b*llsh*t start ??"

I don't doubt that there's going to be places where eventually commentary , yes, becomes enforced. See ? I admitted it. Or even eventually becomes eventual actual law. BUT WHY ISN'T ANYONE ASKING THEMSELVES HOW THIS CR*P got started in the first place ? :?:

And no, I still don't consider that "law" . It is, as shown in my link: Commentary , not law. Now could that commentary become enforced ?? SURE ! :roll: No question about it ! (see, I admitted it). Now ask yourself : Why is that ?

You can't just do a few swings at any unposted old foundations either. If someone sees you they're probably the owner's relatives or neighbors and will run you off. I know, due to experience, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom