• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

total heartbreak

Gilby31

found this bottle today hunting along the banks of the creek.
it looked solid upside down in the ground... but then upon further excavation found out only this piece was there. if you cant see the details its an amber glass with a figure of what i think is a union soldier on it (also a cannon ball and bugle next the him). i think it could have been a perfume bottle a fruit jar or something like that.. i cant seem to find it online (another reason i wish it was solid >.< )

sad part is the jars like it look like they go for anywhere from $100-400 in online auctions >.<

also pulled out a nice 8-sider bottle from under some roots. almost imposible to get out but with high hopes of it being solid. we succeeded haha. my buddy took it with him though since he claimed "he found it" so i have no picture of it right now =/

now anyone got an idea what this jar is?? =D

Attachments

• IMG_00000125.jpg
    IMG_00000125.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_00000126.jpg
    IMG_00000126.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 574
Looks like a shard from a strapside flask. Nice bottles. some go for quite a bit more than 400 bucks....nice find though...means you're into some good area for bottles!

blah...first thought of the Kensington bottle is wrong..your GW flask has him turned right, facing left. the Kensington bottle has him turned right, facing right.. here's more info on this type of commemorative flask:

http://www.sha.org/bottle/liquor.htm#Figured/Historical Flasks

yeah..either one...either a repro or an original.. depends on what the bottom looks like, if there's a C or a W(for Wheaton) or a pontil etc..

Back
Top Bottom