What's a fair price on a barely used Equinox 800?

screwynewy

Elite Member
I'm selling my Nox 800 and asking $700 plus actual shipping costs and haven't had a single person interested. I thought these were highly sought after machines and figured that $150 off compared to a new one would create some interest. Any suggestions?

Lots of people are if the mindset that a brand new unit is worth the extra expense. Plus, there are deals to be had with the forum sponsors. I got my 800 at a great deal with no shipping charges. I personally wouldnt buy a used unit for much above 50% of retail. Those equinox units went for a lot when the demand was higher than the supply. Not the case now.

Looks like the going price for a used Equinox 800 on eBay is $750. I wish you could find one for 1/2 retail. Unless their retail is ridiculous.

Go to eBay and look at the SOLD 800's that will telll you what people are actually paying.

Ebay fees eat profit. I would rather sell lower here.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'm very familiar with selling on ebay and have researched the sold 800's on there. Looks like they typically go for 750 to 800. With sellers fees and paypal fees you end up only getting about 86 percent of the final selling price plus most offer free shipping which costs another $30.

Anyone that is a regular on the forums knows you can find deals on new detectors and that is no different with the 800. I'll just sit on it until a buyer comes along.

Think you said bought last Aug. So basically a year of warranty burned through.
How much is a year of warranty worth?
For a water hunter a bunch. Meaning they would just buy new and take their chances. And pay a little more.

Not to mention overall li pro battery life likely is reduced too on your unit with its age.
Remember batteries aren’t covered for 3 years.

The used market can be brutal sometimes. Patience is the key if you can afford to wait. Demand seems to fluctuate at times.

One problem is this site limits Classifieds to posters with 200 or over posts? You'd think that if a person had 50 or so and was a paid member they would be allowed to sell. Therefore there are few Classifieds here. I would list my Whites M6 here but not allowed.

You might try listing on your local Craigslist with email replies turned on, do not post your phone number you will increase your telemarketing calls by 120%! I have also listed stuff on FaceBook with some success. Good luck!!

PS I just sold my Whites M6 in Mint condition on FaceBook Marketplace. Got $260 for it and cash of course. Demo and showed the buyer how to use, he was happy to get.

Last edited:
If I didn't already own a 600, I would have considered $700 a good price. You're doing right in just being patient. This new model supposedly being released within the year could bite you on the butt, but that's not a certainty to happen.

I am kind of a vulture. I have a tendency to think about a second 600 to simplify coil swapping in the field, but a price on a used 600 will have to be really sweet. I am in no hurry, plus the new model might keep be a non-buyer. Best of luck with your 800!

Will tell you on feebay. Not only the 10% plus 3% to paypal. But also if it ships a ways. Just cost me $65 to ship a detector from Fl. to Cali. Let fleabay auto calculate their cost on shipping.

Will tell you on feebay. Not only the 10% plus 3% to paypal. But also if it ships a ways. Just cost me $65 to ship a detector from Fl. to Cali. Let fleabay auto calculate their cost on shipping.

Don't forget eBay's 10% added fee for "end value fee on shipping". Yes they charge a 10% fee on what you pay for shipping when you ship an item.

700 is a fair price...but a new one can be gotten for just a little more. I recently paid 749 for a brand new one for a friend of mine. Since people here know about the sponsor deals (both the 800's I bought were from sponsors here), you're limited.

I'm selling my Nox 800 and asking $700 plus actual shipping costs and haven't had a single person interested. I thought these were highly sought after machines and figured that $150 off compared to a new one would create some interest. Any suggestions?

I would be willing to trade you some nice gold for it. PM me.

One problem is this site limits Classifieds to posters with 200 or over posts? You'd think that if a person had 50 or so and was a paid member they would be allowed to sell. Therefore there are few Classifieds here. I would list my Whites M6 here but not allowed.

You might try listing on your local Craigslist with email replies turned on, do not post your phone number you will increase your telemarketing calls by 120%! I have also listed stuff on FaceBook with some success. Good luck!!

PS I just sold my Whites M6 in Mint condition on FaceBook Marketplace. Got $260 for it and cash of course. Demo and showed the buyer how to use, he was happy to get.
What do you mean by a "paid" member? This site is free? The classified section has rules for a reason, and it's partly to help keep us regulars better protected from guys trying scam our member's. Has happened more than once in the past, and even WITH the 200 post rule, not all the scammers can be weeded out. 200 posts is NOTHING, trust me! I trust the members here over any of the online auction sites, and its because these rules are in place. Not to mention, they dont charge listing fees, seller fees, etc... Buy and sell at your own risk, but I love this place and think the mods have done a very good job making sure the classified section functions properly. If it were my choice, I would have a mod specifically monitoring the classifieds at all times. Like a "classifieds monitor" or "moderator". I look to get back at least half of retail price when selling my used equipment, maybe more depending on length of warranty, accessories, etc. People see an brand new 800 and automatically place it at the 800$ price tag. After its used, tough to determine what someone is willing to pay, but I found its usually around 50-65% of retail price. Your asking for 90% essentially. Someone will come along and scoop that machine up im sure, good luck in the meantime!

Back
Top Bottom