• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another neighborhood button!

MKW

So, today I found another SC uniform button about 100yrds from my house in some woods in the neighborhood. I felt really lucky to have found that first one, which was a 2-piece flat button. This one is a domed 2-piece. It cleaned up pretty nicely! Also, found a Northeastern Railroad(SC) skeleton key. I can't wait to get back over there and see what else is there.

Attachments

• IMG_0944 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0944 (Small).JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0945 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0945 (Small).JPG
    165 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_0946 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0946 (Small).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0948 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0948 (Small).JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_0949 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0949 (Small).JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 422
Must be nice being able to walk out your door and detect, love that key

Yeah, it's great. I had no idea that I would find anything around here. I can't find much historical info, at all, about my specific area, so when I get a few minutes, I just go "prospecting" with my detector. I'm excited about this spot and what else may be there. I found the spot in the last 15-20 minutes of the "prospecting" trip. Found the button, the key, the cast iron stove leg, and several square nails in that time frame. Going to go back with the smaller coil and pick through it. There's gotta be more good stuff.

You may have stumbled onto an old home site, let us know what else you dig up

Definitely and old home site. I went in there today, but didn't find anything of note, but I did find a cast iron iron and tons more square nails. I did find some kinda crazy looking brass buckle(?) piece. I'll have to get some pictures cause I have no idea what it is

Back
Top Bottom