garrett AT Max

Gumba143

I had a Fisher f4, my first year detecting, I just ordered a Garrett AT Max for a step up to focus more on metals and weed out the garbage... I haven't received it yet and wondering if I made the right decision to purchase the AT Max, this "hobby" is more than that, metal detecting is all I think about!!! In it to win it ; )

You're going to be super happy with your purchase. It's deep, fast and ID's great! Best of all it handles EMI like it doesn't even exist.

beephead

I agree with beephead, you have a good machine coming. Read the manual, watch some videos and most importantly get out there and use it as much as possible.

I now have about 45hours in with my at max, it's an entirely different machine and i still have much to learn. Winter has hit so hunting is halted but now I do have months to take your advice and watch videos to answer my many questions about the max. Mainly, I can't seem to calm the chatter, I pulled the attaching cord up away from the coil to assure it's not reading it, work with sensitivity and ground balance but still chatter

I now have about 45hours in with my at max, it's an entirely different machine and i still have much to learn. Winter has hit so hunting is halted but now I do have months to take your advice and watch videos to answer my many questions about the max. Mainly, I can't seem to calm the chatter, I pulled the attaching cord up away from the coil to assure it's not reading it, work with sensitivity and ground balance but still chatter

Turn your sensativity down if it's at full,..or maybe your running with iron audio on?if so turn it off

Best decision I ever made, purchased my AT MAX end of October and have used 4 times already. I have found more stuff in the past 30 days then I did all year with my F75-LTD SE. it is deep and pulls deep silver,buttons and bullets out that my F75-LTD SE and other detectors had missed. I love my AT MAX!😀

Mine does the same depending on location.... some places I cant use the Max.

new batteries!!!

I went out for 3 hours today in a snowy wooded area but the ground was not froze yet. absolutely no chatter with the Max, it was perfect and later in the hunt it started up and irritating... I noticed the battery level was at two bars so I put in new batteries, NO chatter again!! so is it that the AT Max is sensitive if the batteries are low?? seemed to be a key factor today anyway... sub temps in a few days, the ground will surely freeze... bummer

Back
Top Bottom