A bunch of Hitler youth sports badges

German_searcher

Forum Supporter
During my last visit of the German 9th army encyclement near Berlin, I found those beauties in a park in front of a former Hitler youth head quarter. I appreciate your comments... 😊

Attachments

• 20171108_221330.jpg
    20171108_221330.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,144
  • 20171104_113724.jpg
    20171104_113724.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,185
  • 2017-12-14 14.23.13.jpg
    2017-12-14 14.23.13.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,168
  • 2017-12-14 14.24.26.jpg
    2017-12-14 14.24.26.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,156
From a detectorists point of view, those are outstanding and wonderful finds!! To think that a whole generation of teenagers were mind controlled by the State and you found the evidence is both amazing and disconcerting ...Well, this is what we do, we track people and situations through the fog of time, and you found some beauties from that era!

Its sort of a warning even...Thank goodness a generation of mind controlled kids couldnt happen now a days!?

Its sort of a warning even...Thank goodness a generation of mind controlled kids couldnt happen now a days!?

I really hope you're right but I fear every generation might be abused by their political leaders if they not live in a democracy. Look at NK f.i. :(

Really killer finds, and a good reminder of why we must always watch what is taught to our kids. I know I watch mine like a hawk.

BCD

I have a 93-year-old friend who was in the Hitler Youth. She says the meetings were intentionally held on Sunday mornings so the young people couldn't go to church. Every young person had to be in the organization - no exceptions. She showed me a picture of her and a friend wearing their Hitler Youth badges, although I think recall hers being worn around her neck on a ribbon. I asked her if she saved it. She said that she and most of the other kids ditched the badges as soon as they safely could.

I have a 93-year-old friend who was in the Hitler Youth. She says the meetings were intentionally held on Sunday mornings so the young people couldn't go to church. Every young person had to be in the organization - no exceptions.

Yes, you're right. This is what my dad (81) also confirmed to me. If you weren't a part of that system, you got bullied all the time. And as a son of a preacher it was really hard for him not to join Jungvolk cause my grandpa didn't allowed him to go.

Cool finds, but I don't know what I would do with something like that. I don't think I could sell them, I wouldn't want to sell them to someone that wanted them for the wrong reasons.

Back
Top Bottom