Barber Dime--FTY Silver #24

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
I drove back out to the abandon school that I was at last week where I had found five silvers.

Today's revisit did not disappoint, even though only one silver was found. But that one small silver is a beautiful 1905-S Barber dime that is in possibly extremely fine condition. It looks as though it was lost the day it was minted. Absolutely no wear on it but a couple of common light edge nics. This dime is silver #24 FTY.

On the Nox it gave out a squeaky high tone with no real solid numbers on the screen. It was about 6 1/2-7" down.

Also found were four worn wheaties and a Student Public Transportation Fare Token too.

Still no gold for the year, but the silver keeps coming in every now and then.

Attachments

• Coins 1905-S Barber 0423219 001.jpg
    Coins 1905-S Barber 0423219 001.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 351
  • Barber Dime 1905-S 04232019 002.jpg
    Barber Dime 1905-S 04232019 002.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 248
  • Barber Dime 1905-S 04232019 003.jpg
    Barber Dime 1905-S 04232019 003.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Coins 1905-S Barber 0423219 004.jpg
    Coins 1905-S Barber 0423219 004.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 249
Your Barber dime looks pristine! Amazing recovery! Congrats on the wheat cents, too. :waytogo:

Thank you!

Congrats on the Barber dime! :woot: That thing looks absolutely astounding! :good:

Thanks Wolf-Dog! It is definitely one my best condition older coins.

That is a very beautiful Barber indeed John. Congrats on the Silver number 24 along with the Wheat's and another fine clad take. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! I was shocked seeing that Barber come out of the ground. But then again, the area of the school used to be farm land like in most cases. If I can only find some gold now.

Nice one Jak! Congrats

Thanks Tom! I thought about that coin all last night on how great of a condition it is in. That's I like about this hobby, one never knows what will be the next target.

Your Barber dime looks pristine! Amazing recovery! Congrats on the wheat cents, too. :waytogo:

Thanks Princess! I liked that word you used "pristine", because it describes it well.

Nice finds.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks tnsharpshooter! Honestly, all your great videos and comments to others have sure helped me too. It is probably one of the main reason I was able to find this coin.

That’s a great looking barber, congrats!

Thanks Jamflicker! The real surprise came was when I cleaned off all of the dirt. For me to find a Barber in any condition is a successful day. This coin has to been one of my better finds now.

Congrats on the gorgeous Barber dime JAK! It looks like it was dropped the day it was minted!

Thanks Waveoff! This coin must of been double struck in the coin press die or something. The details on it are museum quality. It is hard to believe a coin being in the ground so long can come out in this fine of condition.

Totally AWESOME condition.. I would consider having it graded !

Thanks SoOregon Md! I thought about it, but I feel it is not a rare enough mintage year. I wished my pics were better, as to show all the real fine details that the coin has to offer.

Thank you!

Wow, that one is in great shape! Congrats on #24!

Thanks Rattlehead! Just from the condition of this Barber, it is probably one of my favorite finds.

Congrats on 24. You guy's are on a roll this spring.

Thanks mdtrapper! I sure been lucky this year. And many of these silvers were recovered from sites that were thought to be dead or on CPR.

John, congrats, that is one sweet looking Barber dime and the S mintmark should rustle Tom in ca's feathers abit. I have yet to find any Barbers with a mintmark. Looks like you got yourself a good site there. HH Mark

Thank you!

John, congrats, that is one sweet looking Barber dime and the S mintmark should rustle Tom in ca's feathers abit. I have yet to find any Barbers with a mintmark. Looks like you got yourself a good site there. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! This Barber has to be one of my best condition older finds. Honestly, I still have not stored it away yet. It is that sharp looking. I too, was surprised to see it being an "S" rather than a "P" or even a "D". But I think my days are numbered at this site due the official activity that's been going on there. A good location and/or find can sure make my day.

Great job on the amazing looking barber. You guys out east have some great finds.

Thanks yooper69! Honestly, I think my new rig has sure made a big difference in the finds I been getting this past year. It has reopened up old sites again.

Sweet looking barber dime😎

Thanks Diggerjonny! This has to be one of my favorite finds. Now I have to find something else to take its place.

Back
Top Bottom