Tool belt must have?

Im down to the basics. Lesche, pinpointer, spray bottle, tooth picks, magnet, flash light, loupe, drop cloth, couple golf tees, napkins for silver, and a phone for pics.

Attachments

• 20190301_103406.jpg
    20190301_103406.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 238
I try to adhere to the K.I.S.S method. Pointer, hand digger and a predator shovel, (depending where Im going).

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 255
I agree. I used a 202 for a few years, then got a detecting shovel and went to the 50s digger. Wilcox makes great stuff and the company is run by a guy that loves the product and cares about quality.

https://wilcoxallpro.com/

--Matt

yes! the 50s digger has been in their line since "the dead sea got sick!"
great for surgically cutting plugs. very well made and almost impossible to break!
"short money" makes it one hell of a value. got to be a reason,why this company
is still around! i started metal detecting in '77,and still have my original 50s...it's dull, but still digs like a champ! i primarily hunt 'curb strips", and it's really sweet for that application. i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

What do you use the golf tees for? I'm new to this and just curious. Thanks
I'm new too and was curious also. Couldn't wait for the answer from Mountain Mike so I searched around.

It appears that golf tees are used for marking spots -- like where you found something or somewhere you want to come back to later.

This is my current set up...

qywoyr.jpg

The small pouch at the rear contains a small finds container (primarily for coins) spray bottle of water and toothbrush, notebook and pencil and spare batteries for my Racer 2 and pinpointer.

In addition I carry a small garden spade or stainless steel digging tool...

Just can't bring myself to wear a tool belt, apron or fanny pack. I keep my carrot in my left pocket, my camera and an Altoids mint tin in my right pocket. I carry my Lesche digger in my right hand at all times. Trash and clad goes in my left front pocket and decent finds go in the mint box.

I am the same way. my pinpointer in my right front jeans pocket with a coiled plastic lanyard clipped to my belt loop. Use a 30" predator digging tool which I carry in my left hand and 800 in my right hand. Wireless headpones on head. Son't seem to need anything else. put all finds and small junk in my right back pocket. Any heavy junk metal I don't carry out but remove from hole and place by a tree so any detectorists following me can easily see it.

I carry a small go backpack with other stuff depending on nature of the hunt site, but leave in car. So when I go hunting, I grab only three things. My go backpack, my predator digger and my Nox. Simple, 1,2,3. Before I created my go backpack kit, I was always forgetting something. Now I don't.

Myk go backpack contains all my smaller stuff like hand digger, headphones, phones used for beach hunting, bandaids, bug spray, hand towel, pin pointer and other small stuff. What I don't carry on the hunt stays in the go backpack in the car. I only use the hand digger if I am on some nice lawn.

I use an 88 cent nail pouch with two pockets. Left side for junk right side for not junk. Thread the carrot on the left side and fiskars digger on the right. Carry the lesche shovel and detector.

I am the same way. my pinpointer in my right front jeans pocket with a coiled plastic lanyard clipped to my belt loop. Use a 30" predator digging tool which I carry in my left hand and 800 in my right hand. Wireless headpones on head.

I think that approach is fine in dry conditions, but here in the UK its often wet and you are having to deal with mud covered pinpointer and hand digger ect, so its not so practical.

In fact trying to keep the mud at bay ect is one of the reasons I prefer not to keep my pinpointer or hand digger in or on my Finds pounch but instead have separate sheaths/holders for them...

I'm new too and was curious also. Couldn't wait for the answer from Mountain Mike so I searched around.

It appears that golf tees are used for marking spots -- like where you found something or somewhere you want to come back to later.

Correct sir! They are nice to mark a target or two. Especially handy if you have a sketchy signal and want to compare detectors on it and see which IDs it best as garbage or treasure. Also handy in teaching somebody else what to look or listen for.

Lesche hand digger and Pinpointer.

Smart.
When I was a Newb I used to bring too many tools. I wore a thick tactical belt. It dug into my out of shape middle and was just too much for me. To just do a normai beach or park I just wear the Garrett's camo bag. I added more strap so I can sling it over the left shoulder and hangs down along my right hip. Lesche hand digger , Pinpointer, and small 10× eye loop on a retractable string. I'll use the lesche shovel 31" like a cane where appropriate.
After time I eliminated all the excess batts. And tools.

I hate carrying a bunch of stuff. I have a lesche digger on my belt and a pinpointer in my front pocket. That's it. I carry my detector in my right hand and my shovel in my left. I wear cargo pants with multiple pockets to put my finds in.

That's what I'm saying bro. I keep tools batteries, extra bags, Frisbee and bandanas and whatever in a nice backpack in the SUV. Usually I can get back to the car in a few minutes.

That's what I'm saying bro. I keep tools batteries, extra bags, Frisbee and bandanas and whatever in a nice backpack in the SUV. Usually I can get back to the car in a few minutes.

Agreed. I usually change out the recharges every 3 trips anyway (never a chance to let them die, and easier on the batteries). Everything goes into the SUV.

on the rare summer day, when I need a water bottle, I just chuck it in the trash pouch of the Garrett camo bag. when I'm done with the water, it's trash. :)

Skippy

Hand gun? You using your MD at night in the Bronx?:laughing:

Nothing wrong with the man exercising his 2A Rights...Sadly there are Americans who won't miss them until they are gone, and that's from a Brit who wished we had something similar....

get rid of the damn monarchy, and maybe you could!
i carry every day, whether i need to, or not, and i "refuse"
to drink "room temperature" beer!..(w.t.f.) i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I think that approach is fine in dry conditions, but here in the UK its often wet and you are having to deal with mud covered pinpointer and hand digger ect, so its not so practical.

In fact trying to keep the mud at bay ect is one of the reasons I prefer not to keep my pinpointer or hand digger in or on my Finds pounch but instead have separate sheaths/holders for them...

i feel for that! all it does is rain over there,and the mud must be a (s.o.b.) to deal with most of the time! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

get rid of the damn monarchy, and maybe you could!
i carry every day, whether i need to, or not, and i "refuse"
to drink "room temperature" beer!..(w.t.f.) i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I don't mind the Monarchy at all, especially the Queen...Pretty much all of them (ironically except our lasted American import) are into the shooting, hunting and fishing..both Harry and William have served in the Military, Harry actually in a war zone, so they get my respect for that..

Its the lying SOB politicians (of both parties) I would get rid of...I don't trust any of them and they would all sell their souls (never mind my Rights) to hang onto a little bit of power...anyway, rant over! :yes:

And as for beer...I have had American beer...it really does need to be served ice cold to take the taste away! ;)

Back
Top Bottom