Alum. vs Stainless sand scoops

Dbbltap

No scoop sponsors here :sorry: , used to be one, but retired , done , as far as high end scoop maker's left in the the USA- that make high end SS scoops that been in business more than a year , only one , in Texas, happy hunting.

8CC12B65-EB3A-46D6-B0F0-BCD7A6388225.jpgCheck the Whites sand scoops out. I got the large for $109. The top is made of 3mm stainless and the sides and bottom of 2mm stainless. The back of the scoop has an extra reinforced gusset plate attached to the back where the handle fits in. If you buy off google express as a first time buyer you get a $20 credit. Was originally $129. Well worth the money spent!

View attachment 440931Check the Whites sand scoops out. I got the large for $109. The top is made of 3mm stainless and the sides and bottom of 2mm stainless. The back of the scoop has an extra reinforced gusset plate attached to the back where the handle fits in. If you buy off google express as a first time buyer you get a $20 credit. Was originally $129. Well worth the money spent!

Your Whites scoop is made by Sito scoops.

No scoop sponsors here :sorry: , used to be one, but retired , done , as far as high end scoop maker's left in the the USA- that make high end SS scoops that been in business more than a year , only one , in Texas, happy hunting.
Can you PM me with their name ? Thank You

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

View attachment 440931Check the Whites sand scoops out. I got the large for $109. The top is made of 3mm stainless and the sides and bottom of 2mm stainless. The back of the scoop has an extra reinforced gusset plate attached to the back where the handle fits in. If you buy off google express as a first time buyer you get a $20 credit. Was originally $129. Well worth the money spent!
I don't see that scoop working in the environment you pictured it in. A Lesche is much more effective a tool for that! :lol:

https://metaldetectingforum.com/forum_sponsors.php Currently as of April 23,2019 there are 6 sponsor's on this forum, that sell detector's , and accessories , some do sell scoop's , if you want high end however , Been in business over a year , i sent you the information , happy hunting.

Oh, so you are now selling scoops? It is amazing how getting a free scoop can buy off a person so fast.

Wow, been in business for a whole year. I am impressed. C and S
Copy and sell

Chuck

Last edited:
I want to thank every one that has given me help on the scoop thing.
Some of you even PM'd me with info and again I thank you. Don't want to sound ungrateful but I did order that one I mentioned earlier...the Free2Buy SS one. It just came today and I think it is very well made.
Now I have to make a handle for it.....

I wish I knew how to post pics on here, I would show it to you guys. I just can't grasp how to do the pics...Makes me so mad.

anyway thanks again.....this scoop will have to do. Pete

This is what happened to my stainless RTG... After the handle broke off.. If you hunt clay, you're going to want holes on the lip too, so it doesn't vacuum stick when you're trying to empty the scoop ...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20160515_003211.jpg
    IMG_20160515_003211.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 127
Petejc

Ok i just checked it out, the link you posted , my opinion is it has 8 mil holes, the Stavr M-9 has 10 mil holes, that is small which mean's not good on drainage , it looks like 9 mil in thickness and don't think it's 304 stainless , all the high end scoops that last years are 304 stainless with good welds's , 14 mil in thickness , since the scoop you bought is 9 mil in thickness with 8 mil holes means , it will not be good in dry sand, you will have to baby it in the wet sand, minimum load , it will drain slower , catch all the small objects however it won't catch the stud's, this is why i recommended buying a quality high end scoop that will last you, if you baby it it wet sand, you might get a season out of it, 9 mil in thickness is better than some of the 3 mil i have seen, slower drain time lead's to less treasure because sifting to the goods take's a little longer , look's like you will still need a handle , some of these guy's on here hit the local hardware store, hope you get some enjoyment and longevity out of it, you get what you pay for, good luck with it , happy hunting , Earl PS Here is a pick of the Stavr M-9 with 10 mil hole's, also you will hate the screw hole in the goose neck for the handle - lock down , i only buy the welded bolt nut quick release style now, your holes will be even smaller less drainage, less SS thickness , happy hunting. Ps looked again, it lacks inside bucket supports or no picks of the inside, and wonder how it attaches to the handle i can't see a hole :shock: Anyway Enjoy it .

Attachments

• Stavr M-9 001.JPG
    Stavr M-9 001.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Stavr M-9 005.JPG
    Stavr M-9 005.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Coob scoop

Just saw a Coob SS Pro for 91.94 on amazon Looks pretty good. I don't want to spend 150.00 bucks on that alum with SS tip thanks anyway.
My next question is this Coob don't have a long handle coming with it. What type of handle do you guys prefer......aluminum, or wood. Or is there a fiber one that would fit. I also want to take that short little handle that it shows and put it up about half way for easy grabbing.
I have ss coob scoop 9 mm holes no handle came with it but I bought a would handle for it it works fine . Fiber shaft would be little lighter if you want to go that route . Years ago I had a aluminum scoop with a ss tip it work good but gripping bare aluminum will give you black hands so use a glove

The only

Complaint i have agains't Stavr scoop Z , is he refuses to change the old school screw in the goose neck, quick release welded nut & bolt can't be beat for the handle lock down , if he ever changes that one year , than i will buy another Stavr ss scoop .

Back
Top Bottom