Dial A Dime

TNTGross

Elite Member
Had about an hour to hunt after work today, so I hit a curb a few blocks from the house. Only did about 200 square foot area. Found a couple of Wheat Pennies, a 39 Merc, some clad, and a dial to an old phone.

Showed the dial to a couple of neighbor girls (early twenties) and they had no clue what it was.

Attachments

• 4-23-19 Hunt (2).jpg
    4-23-19 Hunt (2).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 191
I've never seen anyone post one of those before, congrats on a first!
I wish I could take credit for being the first, but I did see one on here before. I thought it was funny that they dug one up and I thought to myself, "what are the odds"? Well, I guess for me, the odds were pretty good.:laughing:

Next time you show it to some young folks tell them the SIM card fit in the middle slot back then.. nice oldie congrats

Nice digs, TNT! I'm a little surprised those old rotary phone parts don't turn up on the forum more often. Neat relic!

Nice, you want a GOOD laugh? Check out the youtube videos about kids trying to dial a phone, holy moly TOO funny!!

Yep, absolutely priceless video!! Had my sister and I flat out crying!! To their credit, they did finally figure it out...sort of :laughing: Here's a link for those who haven't seen it:

Back
Top Bottom