Prepping Equinox for salt water

My Nox 800 was good first yr but at 23 months old, my detector drowned. Minelab replaced pod in a week! Bad part is that I forgot to write down all my settings and now going nuts trying to recapture the old ones. Oh well, at least i got a new pod. Now waiting for Steve's carbon fiber shaft to arrive...That surf isn't kind to the 800's flimsy shaft either (and I use the 15" coil most the time in water).
Happy Hunting

2020 Gold - 22
Silver - 33

2021 Gold - 2, inc 6oz 14k necklace
Silver pieces - 15

Equinox 600 submerged

I bought an equinox600 after 1 year using it in saltwater it finally leaked water , called minelab they gave me an address where to send it and they replaced the unit for free , then that unit leaked 2 months latter and they replaced it again for free , so while it’s under warranty submerg it and find out if it’s water proof .

Good luck

No reason to submerge mine, 3 years running strong, 2 Excaliburs & DF for that , a few had some problems over the years , under warranty ML takes care of it , however I won't take mine under , no need , different tools for this hobby , come in handy .

wow a cheap $800 machine why worry
as many of you got a FREE stim check from the goverment
your machine was free with there check so sad!
why buy a detector named after a car
i never got my check also i don't swing a cheap machine..
to many monkeys not enought fruit

Vegas Player

CTX3030 benched , hunt with the Equinox & 15 coil , why spend any more if it gets the job done ! Excalibur's water , i found its a good machine ! regards , Earl :realitycheck::pirates:

Back
Top Bottom