(I wanted to hunt) Picture Heavy!!! Good times had!!! Many awesome finds!!!So many firsts!!! Great week haul!!! Silver! Silver! O MY!

SKMKSMetalHead

Forum Supporter
So where do I begin!?(I wanted to hunt) It all started about a week ago, I got off work a lil early and headed back out to a field where I had found a cool circa 1920s tobacco sign and a couple old toy cars and clad. I just knew there was more and still is on this strip of farm land. An sure enough as soon as my wife shows up I dug the super cool late 1800s early 1900s military butoun! It was on from there! Had to wrap it up after a lil clad and a machete corn knife was found...kids needed to eat! Definitely going back to that site and all the rest I've scored on over the last week or so. The next day happened to be I had another early shift. With a little rain my wife and I had to run some errands ( I wanted to hunt) in between the rain we stoped at a huge empty lot in town for a quick 20 min hunt my second hole I score the 1897 INJUN! Yes indeed we knew this would be yet another happy place! Fast forward to the next day an we decided it would be a good day to get the garden in. So my wife and I started the garden all afternoon I was wishing the process could go faster! I mean who wants to do chores run errands or take care of kids on there day off??(I wanted to hunt) answer to my wishful thinking my buddy Bret texted...hey dude are you off today? Code for do you want to go metal detecting? I let him know that my wife and I were planting the garden but (I wanted to hunt). He offered to help..sped up that process and off to the hunt afterwards(dirt fishin...Brets term)My wife has now started metal detecting with me as of the last few weeks! Partner for life and is now digging and diggin the hobby! Now not near as much as I! Anyhow so my buddy my wife and I head back to Indian head penny lot. I score my first pocket watch fob International Tratractors across the front and on the back side holyrod ks. Bret scores a circa 1950s zippo his first and my wife the cool 1930-1950s? Fire truck! Fast forward 2 days later...sadly work gets in the way ( I want to hunt) so after dropping the kids off at school I have a couple hours before my 10 hour shift. My wife and I head to another lot on town she's in the van just relaxing it was a LiL chilly but she didn't stay long... my 4th hole was my first mercury dime!!!(1936) I was all but jumping on the hood of the van with excitement! I was literally shaking! An amazing feeling mind you 😁! So she gets out and detects with me after that how couldn't she! It was all but 15 mins later I dug another first sorta a token older than 1980s at least the oldest token I had prior to the bad to the bone Palmolive good for token I just saved from the grounds smothering grasp. My wife scored some more toy cars 🚗! Her metal detecting nickname is definitely going to have to be (ToyMagnet) more to that later. The next day was another short day off by noon. I shoot a text to Bret and we are off to detect... sadly this day gave me a number of eyeball finds which I have in pictures and very lil clad. The day had skunked us both sadly outside a medal he had found. The next day woot another day off (I want to hunt!) My wife and I stoped at a permission where I scored the Rosie and really awesome 1913 Salina dog tax license. So almost to the end of I know my super LONG story. Yesterday!! (I want to hunt) well I should say WE want to hunt..So Kayla aka Wife aka Toymagnet head out into the light misty rain about a 2.5 hour hunt she scored clad a toy truck and dun dun you guested it another toy... the almost intact RR Roy Rodgers toy gun.. I was indeed jealous... I scored a lil over 2 bucks clad a toy tractor and what I thought was nothing else (a lesson learned here don't throw away your trash or what you think is trash..CLEAN IT)...we head home.. So I'm cleaning all the finds and preparing to take pictures for the fourms... I'm going threw my trash and happen upon what I think is a washer until I think I notice a lilltle k?? I clean it and BAM a Kansas tax token...turned my clad day into a HELL YA! awesome day... I'm siting here now thinking (I want to hunt)!!! But sleep is important lol! Anyhow if you all got through my story I hope it wasn't extremely boring 😜 Thanks for looking and reading!! I'm a happy camper and also thanks to you all for tips know how's shares and everything else you keep the blood and knack and drive for this hobby rollin!!! Happy Hunting to all! An to all a goodnight!!!
Clad totals for about a weeks time $4.23
Silvers 2
Tokens 2
Cool toys (Totmagnet finds) MANY but 2 that stood out
Metal detecting with a friend and the wife priceless!!!
All of you folks out here on our favorite forum priceless!!!
Thanks again!!

MetalHead

Attachments

• IMG_2371.jpg
    IMG_2371.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_2340.jpg
    IMG_2340.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
O ya not a MD find but icing on the cake was this 1968 Canadian quarter coin star find! An some more pictures! Also some shots of the tax token one side cleaned and the other side how it came out of the ground!

Attachments

• IMG_2343.jpg
    IMG_2343.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2364.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 315
Front and back of the military butoun. The mercury dime rossie and Palmolive token fresh out of the grounds smothering hold! I love saving history!!! Happy Hunting!!

Attachments

• IMG_2358.jpg
    IMG_2358.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_2344.jpg
    IMG_2344.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 315
Here is the watch fob. Brets cool zippo some awesome marbles and a rad bottle... I know not Metal finds but cool! The dog license fresh out of the dirt. Another picture of almost all the cool finds for good measure... Phew and now for bed....

MetalHead

Attachments

• IMG_2379.jpg
    IMG_2379.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_2337.jpg
    IMG_2337.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_2380.jpg
    IMG_2380.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 317
Congrats on the pile of cool finds! Funny, I have that same (I want to hunt) feeling 24/7! :lol: My wife seems to find the toys also...Hmmm, Maybe lady luck.

Nothing better than having a site that produces, Congrats on some fantastic finds!

Yes sir I couldn't agree more! These are multiple sites! I know there's more out there...until next time. Thank you!

Congrats on the pile of cool finds! Funny, I have that same (I want to hunt) feeling 24/7! :lol: My wife seems to find the toys also...Hmmm, Maybe lady luck.

I'm not sure as I don't recall a lot of my dreams but I can just imagine I'm digging 2 and 5 dollar gold coins valuable relics and artifacts etc giving me (I want to hunt) 24/7. I can fathom thinking about it 15/7 LoL. It's nice to have a partner who hunts with you.

Wow, that's a nice variety of finds there. Great job!

Thanks you sir!

Excellent hunting! Love the plethora of finds! Congrats!

Thank you kindly I try to do my part to save history!!

Some good stuff these, especially the dog tag and silvers...nice digging!

Thank you Captain now if I could only become a ships boy in comparison to the silvers you score sir! (Ship-boy silver) hmm idk think I'll stick with my nickname lol.

Great assortment of finds, I love the 'Road Trip' poker chip!:yes:

I do as well sometimes our best finds are eyeball finds or something dig out of the same hole (old marbles etc)! My buddy eyeballed the two marbles and bottle he found. That very same day forgot to post a picture. I found a vintage Heinz ketchup bottle eyeball find.

Attachments

• IMG_2381.jpg
    IMG_2381.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 250
Dang man, you guys (and gals) did some good there! Dog license / tag is sweet as are the tokens! That 1968 Canada quareter could be silver if it doesn't stick to a magnet.

Congrats!

Nice digs!!! You found some good sites.

Thank you sir and I can't wait to get back out rain and work in the way right now!

Great stuff, what a fantastic hobby we have!

I couldn't agree more our hobby is awesome. Have friends and family on Facebook envious as well lol. I tell them jump on the bandwagon and purchase a decent starter machine for between 175-400 and join the fun!

Dang man, you guys (and gals) did some good there! Dog license / tag is sweet as are the tokens! That 1968 Canada quareter could be silver if it doesn't stick to a magnet.

Congrats!

Hmm I didn't think to test it just did a quick check and thought it was silver did they make some silver and some not back then? I'll have to buy a magnet from work and try it out!

Back
Top Bottom