Got as far as my truck

Florida Tabdigger

Elite Member
Headed out for some lunchtime digs and by the time I walked a hundred yards to my truck I felt the humidity and beating sun and said...I'm going back in the A/C. :)
It's supposed to be a record breaker today hitting the mid 90's. Just not fun when your wiping sweat out of your eye's. Time to switch to early morning weekend hunts or those cloudy days.

Well actually I got certified in 1988. But haven't dove in years. Still got the equipment. BC needs replacing, but tanks and regulators should be repairable. Been planning to get a electric hookah but haven't.

Well actually I got certified in 1988. But haven't dove in years. Still got the equipment. BC needs replacing, but tanks and regulators should be repairable. Been planning to get a electric hookah but haven't.

If your tanks are made before 1990 and they are Luxfer's they are JUNK. Nobody will fill them anymore because they were made with inferior aluminum.

Just thought you might want to know. if they are Catalina's they are fine.

A hookah is still heavy with batteries. I thought of that also.

I'll have to look at the manufacturer and see. I am hoping, in the next couple years, get a used trawler. The plan was to use the hookah from a boat. I have two smaller boats, but looking to get a floating RV. Just got to get a few things done on the house remodel, then the dock, then get daughter through college, and then... whew... I'm getting in deeeeep. Hopefully soon anyway.

Its too early in the year to let the heat get you down.
I'd rather sweat than shovel snow,that's why I was born in Florida! Lol

The worst is those first few hot months, after that, it's not as bad. Humidity is the killer. When you feel your breath on your face... it's just not worth it. I usually quit during the summer and pick back up in November.

Headed out for some lunchtime digs and by the time I walked a hundred yards to my truck I felt the humidity and beating sun and said...I'm going back in the A/C. :)
It's supposed to be a record breaker today hitting the mid 90's. Just not fun when your wiping sweat out of your eye's. Time to switch to early morning weekend hunts or those cloudy days.

What?! You call 90f hot? In summer we regularly get days between 105-110f :lol:

Hey, I call it being smart, especially as you get older, even though I have heard of serious health issues even in the young who overdo it in the heat :coolinoff:

Big Thumbs up here too! No shame in being smart regarding the weather...No need to be all of a Man in one day..Humans are very fragile...Cold and heat can kill us, we are only good in a very small range of temps...A guy has to know this...This Planet is hard on Humans, weather generally does not help at all...

Back
Top Bottom