CROOKED City Office

Can't do that here. You are charged 40.00 a MONTH even if you don't use a drop of water or sewer. They call it readiness charge. Meaning as long as it is hooked up they can charge you each month because they are ready to give you service. Another bunch of bull but they passed a city rule.

My father called this city a resort town, the last resort.
Same with my water district. I'm living with my mom, taking care of her. I asked about unhooking my service. No problem, $50. But there is a $2500 system development fee to put another meter back in later. So I pay $40 a month for nothing...

Can't do that here. You are charged 40.00 a MONTH even if you don't use a drop of water or sewer. They call it readiness charge. Meaning as long as it is hooked up they can charge you each month because they are ready to give you service. Another bunch of bull but they passed a city rule.

My father called this city a resort town, the last resort.

Yeah even when my house was boarded up I got charged $35 a month. I also know when I became a power and water conserver, they came out and replaced both my electric meter and water meter. Whether they thought I was cheating the system or they both broke at the same time ill never know:lol: I know since I put in double pane windows my bill went way down. They've also been estimating power and water here for years. They can overcharge you a couple months and everyone else in town. Think about it. The extra in the bank drawing interest on a million people is pretty good. Then they just adjust your next bill. Then they draw interest on money that wasn't theirs:shock:

Monthly 'Readiness Charge' whether you use a drop of water or not...pretty cool gig there! X12=$480/yr...Nice!...especially in Michigan where theres about NO water around here at all!...:laughing:.

So yeah..when combined, all this kind of stuff starts adding up...costs a fortune to 'own' a home! Actually not really owned anyway....with prop taxes you can lose it mortgage paid off or not...Upon your death, try to will it to your kids and see how much they hate you then!:laughing:

Not even Heimo and Edna Korth technically 'own' their tiny cabin...Way the hell up in the Arctic Circle...its on Govt land and is 'leased' to them..

So yeah me buckos, The whole concept of Home Ownership got flawed along the way...I'm about DONE with the whole dirty home owner extortion deal!:laughing:

Lynyrd Skynyrd tried to warn me about home ownership back in the 70's with their smash hit single "Dont Ask Me No Questions"...But a guy thought he might be able to deal with it better than their experience....But alas, when a guy sees the deal and understands theres no other reasonable options left, Todd Beamer said: "Lets Roll!"

Now excuse me...I gotta go up an extension ladder and patch those woodpecker holes! Betcha dont have to do that in an RV! :laughing:

Last edited:
Ya see, you first rough carve the plugs like a little pumpkin top, then you climb up there with a tube of caulk and the knife to make them fit right...then, you set them in place, glue them in with the caulk, and gingerly climb your silly old self back down to safety!

Ladder Tip: Pick out a decent LZ to jump off to just in case things go bad. Something you think you may survive while hitting the ground at 32'/sec/sec...jump away from the ladder, hit your predesignated LZ, tuck and roll!...Or, worse case, land flat on your back like a sack of concrete to disperse the damage over a larger area of your body, and not letting your femurs punch a hole all the way to your shoulder blades....

.You have to wait a bit before painting...best not to drink during this process...and hope there aint no nest of bees in the chimney...anyway, Homeownership is not only unprofitable, but Super Dangerous!...:laughing:

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 52
  • wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 51
  • wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Looks like fun Mud. NOT!

Ladders and I don't get along anymore. I was on my roof last year and almost called 911 to help me get down. I was scared. I used to shingle roofs!

How can they justify an estimated usage of 700 gallons when I use less than half that. STRANGE ALSO.
Somebody has to pay for all that water the upstanding citizens of detoliet use and refuse to pay for. :laughing:

Good luck man I know it isn't funny. I am blessed with gorgeous well water at both of my places so paying for water is a mystery to me.

Well, it's no secret that parts of Michigan have some serious water quality issues and the money to fix these problems has got to come from somewhere. .. they didn't get one over on you but im sure there's a fair percentage of people that just pay up rather than deal with the hassle. ..

Hay Scuba,

When the wife and I get ready to leave for the Philippines, I go to the city hall in our town to let them know we will be going from ----- to -------.
They come to the house and turn off the water at the street. When we get back home, I call them and they come to turn it back on. I get no bills for the time it is turned off. Been doing this for 15 years now.
KEN:D

Hay Scuba,

When the wife and I get ready to leave for the Philippines, I go to the city hall in our town to let them know we will be going from ----- to -------.
They come to the house and turn off the water at the street. When we get back home, I call them and they come to turn it back on. I get no bills for the time it is turned off. Been doing this for 15 years now.
KEN:D

Must be nice. They charge to shut it off and turn it back on. 35.00 for a shut off and 25.00 to reconnect. I can't do it myself I will be fined.

HOWEVER, in finding that out it would have cost me 60.00 instead of 44.00 a month which was over 220.00. An EXCELLENT idea and I will do that next time.

Thank you for the idea. CROOKS in government strike again.

Back
Top Bottom