• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another good little hunt

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
Well.... it's hot up here, about 97 today, but that treasure ain't gonna dig itself!

I drove about 45 miles east of Minot to a little town I've detected in quite a bit this year to see if I could find some more oldies.

First yard and first signal of the day kicked out a 53 Rosie.... on the board!

I went along side the house there and got a really got signal like silver. I ended up popping out a 1920 Merc (which I gashed pretty good). Checked the plug again, still more there. Popped out a 46-D wheatie....... repeated again and got a 47-D wheat. I'm not sure if they were all part of the same spill....the Merc was in the edge of the hole and the wheaties were dead center which is why I clipped the Merc.

Went to the next yard and first plug gave me a 1898 Indian!

Did a little more detecting around getting mainly junk until I hit a good deep high tone. I figured silver but out popped an old good luck token.

After that my wife called and needed me to come home and help with the kids so she could do homework but it was fun while it lasted!
1417501d7df5696b911d2c5927c9db94.jpg
d07ceba4e13df526b32fd6c11af1d7ed.jpg
4699bf2e930b3ba5ba68ccb3c2508d93.jpg
2e7fcc8a4c67170502ac3f1ad00b8dc9.jpg
7a0053ecd8f6b7f661c0ecf70e124df5.jpg
39e8a59828be7148a53bb74b455e6104.jpg
00410fe88f8d4498a8fd48d959043e49.jpg
06dfdb0fa5292a9757a2481e49a41d7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Man your digging a lot of IHP’s up there! I hope the token brings you more luck!

Man your digging a lot of IHP’s up there! I hope the token brings you more luck!
Thanks Tom! I've been doing pretty good with Indianheads lately but than again I've been hunting old ground almost exclusively. I sure as heck don't mind it either!

Nice finds! Thats a strange token, very cool.
Thanks LOL! Yeah, I didn't have a clue what it was until I cleaned it off. It sounded like a half dollar in the ground and it threw me off a bit when a brown coin came out instead of a silver one! I'll take it though..... I prefer tokens over silver anyway although a silver half would have been dang nice too.

If I were you I'd put that token in my wallet and never take it out[emoji38]
I was kind of thinking about that too but than someone might think I'm a skinhead since it's got swastikas on it.....and I shave my head too.

I was kind of thinking about that too but than someone might think I'm a skinhead since it's got swastikas on it.....and I shave my head too.

I hadn't noticed the Swastika.. hmm,, makes me think your Swami is Nostradamus or something and he is seeing the "future" in his Crystal Ball.. therefore I think it doesn't have a bad incantation and you are safe to put that bad boy in your pocket and go play some lottery or maybe the ponies or something.. Look for a horse that is related to swami-ism (just made up that word) or fortune telling or something and Bet it to Show or something.. I don't know.. just rambling but you get the idea.

I LOVE interesting unusual finds and you found one !!!!

Tough luck hitting the Merc, still it counts and your taken it home. Glad it had some company in the hole with the 2 Wheat's. Tundra your really running blessed with the Indians this year. Your breeding a very nice tribe. also congrats on the Rosie and the "Good Luck Piece". A very productive outing. Trapper

I have dug 2 of those swami coins!!! I read somewhere they were souvenirs from the 1930 world fair in Chicago.
Here is one dug back a couple weeks ago.....

Attachments

• received_2299053466802043.jpg
    received_2299053466802043.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 168
I hadn't noticed the Swastika.. hmm,, makes me think your Swami is Nostradamus or something and he is seeing the "future" in his Crystal Ball.. therefore I think it doesn't have a bad incantation and you are safe to put that bad boy in your pocket and go play some lottery or maybe the ponies or something.. Look for a horse that is related to swami-ism (just made up that word) or fortune telling or something and Bet it to Show or something.. I don't know.. just rambling but you get the idea.

I LOVE interesting unusual finds and you found one !!!!
Thanks SoOre! I've found a few pre ww2 items with swastikas on them. Kind of funny how one piece of garbage can turn a good luck symbol into one of hate.

Tough luck hitting the Merc, still it counts and your taken it home. Glad it had some company in the hole with the 2 Wheat's. Tundra your really running blessed with the Indians this year. Your breeding a very nice tribe. also congrats on the Rosie and the "Good Luck Piece". A very productive outing. Trapper
Thanks Jack! The Indians have really been jumping out of the dirt for me lately.... I sure as heck don't mind it either!
I was kind of bummed that I smoked the Merc but it's pretty worn so it's not like it was worth much more than the silver value.
I was really happy with my results that day.

I have dug 2 of those swami coins!!! I read somewhere they were souvenirs from the 1930 world fair in Chicago.
Here is one dug back a couple weeks ago.....
Yep....thats the same one. Looks like that Ohio dirt isn't quite as kind as the dirt up here to coins and such. Still a nice token though!

Back
Top Bottom