Tokens, tokens and more tokens

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Today I dug 7 tokens, all different.
Only 5 pictured, but I did find two Chuck E Cheeses also...

The James E Pepper token is from the mid to late 1880's
I am guessing the Washington medallion will be from 1876.
Pittsburgh Railways CO, in Wisconsin?

What a day for tokens:D

Attachments

• 8-11-18 1876 Medal.jpg
    8-11-18 1876 Medal.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 262
  • 8-11-18 1876 Medal 2.jpg
    8-11-18 1876 Medal 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 8-11-18 Dvorsek token 2.jpg
    8-11-18 Dvorsek token 2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 8-11-18 Dvorsek token.jpg
    8-11-18 Dvorsek token.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 8-11-18 Dells Rev.jpg
    8-11-18 Dells Rev.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 289
  • 8-11-18 James E Pepper rev.jpg
    8-11-18 James E Pepper rev.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 243
  • 8-11-18 James E Pepper obv.jpg
    8-11-18 James E Pepper obv.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 8-11-18 Dells Token.jpg
    8-11-18 Dells Token.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 8-11-18 Pittsburgh Railway 1.jpg
    8-11-18 Pittsburgh Railway 1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 234
  • 8-11-18 Pittsburgh Railway 2.jpg
    8-11-18 Pittsburgh Railway 2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 261
That's cool, I've found one of those Pepper tokens before.. I didn't think they were that old...

<°)))>{

Good God mat that's a pile of tokens! I barely have more than that for the whole year!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

McD token

Last week I found a very shiny McDonalds token that said "good for a free big mac" Yesterday I took it to a McDonalds and ordered a big mac. I handed over the token and the girl said she had never one before and went and got the manager. He looked it over and asked where I got it. I told him and he said they had not received any yet to give out but he would honor it. I noticed that he then put it in his pocket.

Last week I found a very shiny McDonalds token that said "good for a free big mac" Yesterday I took it to a McDonalds and ordered a big mac. I handed over the token and the girl said she had never one before and went and got the manager. He looked it over and asked where I got it. I told him and he said they had not received any yet to give out but he would honor it. I noticed that he then put it in his pocket.

They started giving them out August 2nd so yours had to be a recent drop for sure

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2018/08/mcdonalds-launches-big-mac-token-promotion.all.html

Awesome token haul, matmit! Beats my total for the year in one hunt!!
Thanks
That's cool, I've found one of those Pepper tokens before.. I didn't think they were that old...

<°)))>{
Well, Etsy said mid 1870's so I'm happy with that
Good God mat that's a pile of tokens! I barely have more than that for the whole year!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks plugger
Man did someone Hide a token stash? Nice hunting
Well, they were spread out over a 4 block area in all
That's a cool collection of tokens you found. They are one of my favorite things to find. Congrats.
Thanks, here is a link to the ID on that medal from 1876:D
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=264380

Luckily, my wife told me about this promotion and I was able to collect all 5!
There is one from each decade 1968-78, 1978-88 and so on.
being a true nerd, I am saving them in the original wrappers in hopes they will be worth more in a few years, we will see...

They started giving them out August 2nd so yours had to be a recent drop for sure

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2018/08/mcdonalds-launches-big-mac-token-promotion.all.html

Yep, limited supplies to each location. I am wondering what the stores did when they took them in for free Big Mac's? They are only good throught the end of the year:no:

Attachments

• Big Macs.jpg
    Big Macs.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Tokens are always fun finds. Doing the research after is a challenge Congrats on some very neat finds. The only tokens I've dug in the last 3 years has been Chucky Cheese or the Carny's "no cash value". Trapper

Back
Top Bottom