3 anfibio machines in the classifieds already?

I believe the Deus Lite maybe the best value going. Except mine since I’m still running v3.2 and never find anything...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, you are finding things.
Your soil not mild. Based on your location.
You may not believe this. Good chance you are missing some targets since you are using version 3.2.
If you can get your coil and module upgrade version wise it will help you.
Why??
Biggest reason is versions 4 and higher have adjustable ground sensitivty setting. This is found under expert tab in GB menu.
And it just so happens seems the default setting of level 6 definitley can allow a person to distinguish deeper targets better (some). Can also help a person distinguish smaller mid depth nonferrous as well. (Some).

I have actually compared head to head version 3.2 and version 4. On undisturbed buried for a long long time targets.

Version 3.2 and lower versions ground sensitivity setting is non adjustable and is set to level 10. When comparing to version 4, with ground sensitivty set to 10.

Just passing along.
Again folks can run whatever they want how they want.

I just pass on free info.
And have spent hours testing and comparing.

Okay, you are finding things.

Your soil not mild. Based on your location.

You may not believe this. Good chance you are missing some targets since you are using version 3.2.

If you can get your coil and module upgrade version wise it will help you.

Why??

Biggest reason is versions 4 and higher have adjustable ground sensitivty setting. This is found under expert tab in GB menu.

And it just so happens seems the default setting of level 6 definitley can allow a person to distinguish deeper targets better (some). Can also help a person distinguish smaller mid depth nonferrous as well. (Some).

I have actually compared head to head version 3.2 and version 4. On undisturbed buried for a long long time targets.

Version 3.2 and lower versions ground sensitivity setting is non adjustable and is set to level 10. When comparing to version 4, with ground sensitivty set to 10.

Just passing along.

Again folks can run whatever they want how they want.

I just pass on free info.

And have spent hours testing and comparing.

I’m just old and afraid to mess up a good thing, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m just old and afraid to mess up a good thing, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understandable.

There is also another reason to upgrade version wise.
Version 3.2 lacks some detect modes. Like hot and deep program.
Let me find a video I did using LF coil.
Very telling.

Deus video detecting targets
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R_YQ3PgzpUE

Last edited:
Good chance you are missing some targets since you are using version 3.2.

Thank you.

That explains why I am not finding anything using version 2, in the Lite mode, stock coils, (9 & 11 inch) and stock programs for the last 8+ years?

Thank you.

That explains why I am not finding anything using version 2, in the Lite mode, stock coils, (9 & 11 inch) and stock programs for the last 8+ years?

Don’t know what you are trying to say here.

Wonder why Xp when version 4 was created and released. Why did they do what they did with the ground sensitivity setting???
Was it just smoke and mirrors?
I sure don’t think so based on my actual use, testing in the wild on targets.
I purposely kept one of my Deus units at version 3.2 and the other at version 4when comparing (same coils on each.
And I even when using the version 4 setup, I would incrementally raise ground sensitivty from 6 to 10.
I never got a better signal at 10 setting vs 6setting ever. I did witness quite a few times where level 6 gave better signal than a 10setting. On some targets I would have thought iron with level 10 setting, going to 6, odds went up sounding like nonferrous.
Some targets inaudible using Using level 10 GS. Same targets gave signal using level 6 GS.

I can’t report on how this ground sensitivty setting improves targets in milder ground. Like say in UK. Or in Calabash country.

I can report on this though as far a milder soil.
Reactivity 1 is deeper than reactivity 2.
And reactivity 1 with -1 silencer will alert on so,e nonferrous near ferrous moreso vs reactivity 1 silencer 3 ( where Deus goes when selecting using module or remote).

So a user of Deus using reactivity 1silencer -1 can infact hunt behind user of Deus running reactivity 1 silencer 3 and find things missed by the person in front running Deus.

Last edited:
Time for another video.
I will do one using only factory slotted Deus module programs and make reactivity adjustments offered with V5.
Then folks will understand where I am coming from.

Don’t know what you are trying to say here.

Wonder why Xp when version 4 was created and released. Why did they do what they did with the ground sensitivity setting???
Was it just smoke and mirrors?
I sure don’t think so based on my actual use, testing in the wild on targets.
I purposely kept one of my Deus units at version 3.2 and the other at version 4when comparing (same coils on each.
And I even when using the version 4 setup, I would incrementally raise ground sensitivty from 6 to 10.
I never got a better signal at 10 setting vs 6setting ever. I did witness quite a few times where level 6 gave better signal than a 10setting. On some targets I would have thought iron with level 10 setting, going to 6, odds went up sounding like nonferrous.
Some targets inaudible using Using level 10 GS. Same targets gave signal using level 6 GS.

I can’t report on how this ground sensitivty setting improves targets in milder ground. Like say in UK. Or in Calabash country.

I can report on this though as far a milder soil.
Reactivity 1 is deeper than reactivity 2.
And reactivity 1 with -1 silencer will alert on so,e nonferrous near ferrous moreso vs reactivity 1 silencer 3 ( where Deus goes when selecting using module or remote).

So a user of Deus using reactivity 1silencer -1 can infact hunt behind user of Deus running reactivity 1 silencer 3 and find things missed by the person in front running Deus.

I think Doug's got a little sarcasm going on...he makes tons of great finds.

I think Doug's got a little sarcasm going on...he makes tons of great finds.

I know he does.
Lots of folks do with Deus.
And maybe they are content.
Maybe they could find a few more too.

I have not bad mouthed Deus here in this thread or any where else on this forum.
Look at my signature line. Notice anything??

Alerting folks to ways to run better, and also sharing Deus weakness based on settings is not bad mouthing.

All detectors with less than stellar settings can give sub par performances.

Wonder who here has posted the most about Deus as far as settings go???

I know he does.
Lots of folks do with Deus.
And maybe they are content.
Maybe they could find a few more too.

I have not bad mouthed Deus here in this thread or any where else on this forum.
Look at my signature line. Notice anything??

Alerting folks to ways to run better, and also sharing Deus weakness based on settings is not bad mouthing.

All detectors with less than stellar settings can give sub par performances.

Wonder who here has posted the most about Deus as far as settings go???

I never said anything about badmouthing. If he's happy with what he's using that's his business. I, for one, am interested in others methods of how they set up their detectors. But then again I like to use what's been working for me.

I never said anything about badmouthing. If he's happy with what he's using that's his business. I, for one, am interested in others methods of how they set up their detectors. But then again I like to use what's been working for me.

I know you didn’t.
Seems though some here may think I am.

And if they aren’t. Now they know where I stand.
Just passing on friendly info.

And again if anything I post here is in error, I would hope folks correct me.

Some of you need to start putting each other on ignore... if you don't stop all this negative back and forth we will start handing out vacations... This is not a threat.

Just wanted to say that i appreciate you guys letting these threads run. This is not possible on any other forum and it for one is why i like to call this home. I know there is a limit , but at the end of the day even the guys i have had conflict with i would shake their hand in person in a heartbeat. I like to call this forum the REAL metal detecting forum, cause we don't have to sing all happy songs and can express our opinions freely.

But mostly saying thank you for the patience you admins show.

I don't know about everyone else but I at times buy and sell equipment like there is no tomorrow. I sold my first equinox a couple weeks after release date. I have a feeling I am not the only one who wheels and deals. Funny seeing folks always jumping to conclusions without even thinking of the possibilities..

No, I am part American Indian. My paternal grandmother was full fledged Indian. So I am more than 1/1024 part Indian. Don’t need dna to confirm that. Lol

lets do the math.

Father's grandmother was 100% Indian.
One of your parents was 1/2 thus you would be 1/4?

<<EDITED DUE TO POLITICS>> Without using a spreadsheet I cannot count generations needed to reach down to 1/1024th.

Maybe my math is wrong, correct it if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
lets do the math.

Father's grandmother was 100% Indian.
One of your parents was 1/2 thus you would be 1/4?

<<EDITED DUE TO POLITICS>> Without using a spreadsheet I cannot count generations needed to reach down to 1/1024th.

Maybe my math is wrong, correct it if needed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19331938

If we apply this to detectors (the folks who engineered), then my Etrac is related to Deus. Impact is related to Equinox. Heck all detectors are kin folk. Catch this Calabash. Your Deus is kin to At Pro. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our family was told for years that we had Indian blood in the family. Last year I had my DNA tested by Ancestry and it came back I'm 100% European. A little Irish, a little Scandinavia but no Indian at all. My Mom swore my grandmother was part Indian/East Asian.

Our family was told for years that we had Indian blood in the family. Last year I had my DNA tested by Ancestry and it came back I'm 100% European. A little Irish, a little Scandinavia but no Indian at all. My Mom swore my grandmother was part Indian/East Asian.

I was told we’re all getting the dna test for Christmas as a present,and when no ones looking I’m gonna swab My dog Dozers mouth,and see how that turns out.If it comes back he’s English I’m a believer,,he is a English bulldog:laughing:

I was told we’re all getting the dna test for Christmas as a present,and when no ones looking I’m gonna swab My dog Dozers mouth,and see how that turns out.If it comes back he’s English I’m a believer,,he is a English bulldog

LOL that would be fun.

Mine was just boring.

Attachments

• DNA.jpg
    DNA.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 149
Back
Top Bottom