Are these real?

Hey Tom, let me fix that for you.
Here is a real-life example of real diamonds in silver. I wear it on my right hand, except when detecting (it tends to catch on my nitrile gloves).

It's got .80 carats of stones in it. I built the ring myself with diamonds I found detecting. :)

The settings are rock solid, and I even had it checked out by a jeweler after I did the work. I've worn it daily for 2 years now. The jeweler said it used to be common to have silver hold diamonds, but people want to call it "white gold" and have rhodium plating these days. What's funny about my ring is that I had it rhodium plated, too. So, basically, the outside is the same as "white gold" but the innards is 925, instead of 14 or 10K.

Also, while not common, I wouldn't say diamonds in silver are super rare. I've found no less than a half-dozen silver rings with real diamonds (usually VERY small). One of them just last week (2nd pic). +Lots of silver pendants with diamonds in them (at least a dozen over the last 5 years).

Skippy

Cheers!

I just found one this week too! I agree with Skippy. Mine was just a promise ring with 1/16th size pebble,but real! My great aunt who died a few years back put tape on hers as her hand shrunk. You wouldn't go through all that if it was fake etc. I haven't listened to a lot of conventional wisdom since I started. I believe what's in front of me and research vs old wives tales. Jewelers are now convincing men that tungsten is timeless and valuable too lol That being said,get a tester.

I also forgot to ask if there was space in back for the light to shine through on the diamonds? My wife taught me that my very first fake. That day was a heartbreaker!

Last edited:
I found a silver and pearl earring with a tiny diamond in it.
One way to test to see of they are CZ is to put it on top of some printed material with words, and if you can clearly read the letters, it is CZ. If you have a loop, remember, diamonds have inclusions and CZs don't. :) Best of luck!

Not often that diamonds are ut in a silver ring, but it does happen. Have them tested to be sure

That setting design is really old. My grandmother's wedding ring looked similar. I'll bet the old woman, who wore this ring, wrapped it with tape because her fingers had shrunk. And she still lost it. MY bet is, the stones are real.

The former President of our club was apparently not above stretching the truth. Once he claimed he found a ‘43 S wheat penny and it had an auction reserve of $1.3 M. Turned out to be a ‘48 s and the 8 had been shaved to show a 3.

But the best was when he said he found a titanium ring with diamonds and a pawn dealer gave him $800 for it. ?????????? I’ve found you can take a platinum ring with 2 carat diamonds to a pawn dealer and they might offer $300. Maybe .

But not a titanium ring.

You can get a 💎 tester off Amazon for 13.00 $$$$ ,that's the cheap ones,but they work,you can get the good ones for 35.00$$$$

Back
Top Bottom