Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Old 12-04-2017, 10:26 PM

Hi Sven. thanks for that information.
do you have any pictures of how you setup the Sat resistors to the potentiometer etc. it would be so much appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:48 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Sven View post
I have done the mods and added the pot to adjust the SAT.

The instructions are:

I know on many you could have what the GMT has,V/SAT. It involves removing a resistor and
putting a potentiometer in its place,mounting it externally. So if your existing SAT resistor is
say,220k,then if you put in a 400k pot you could turn it way down for a faster speed and turn it
way up for an even slower speed than you already have,if needed. Variable Self Adjusting
Threshold-V/SAT! The 400k pot goes 0-400k,400 being the most resistance it can offer,0
being no resistance. Doing this instead of simply replacing the resistor takes the guesswork
out of hoping you have the right resistor for the speed you want. You can basically tune it
infinitely within those parameters.
You did a nice clean job on the mods!

Old 12-08-2017, 12:52 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by hot_spot View post
Hi Guys.

i am new to the forum. i am also in the process of doing this Mod to my Whites classic SL

i have done the ground and threshold mod to the machine and they seem to be working ok. i have yet to add the SAT Mod to it though as i am still waiting for the resistor for that coming. i would like to try and do a variable SAT Mod to mine. i have heard that you can do a variable SAT Mod using a potentiometer. has anyone done this method to theirs. some info on how you would do/put together a variable potentiometer would be much appreciated.

the R24 resistor replacement. i only replaced that resistor with a 1Meg resistor. i read some were that replacing with a higher one than that can make the machine a bit chatty? is that correct. should i stay with the value that i have added. or put a higher one in?

also am i right that after the mod is done you can use other whites blue max series coils on the machine?

thanks in advance guys.
You didnít by any chance send me a PM over on the geotech forum several days ago did you?

Old 12-10-2017, 04:03 PM

I think i did.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:37 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by hot_spot View post
I think i did.
Sorry for not getting back to you man. I forget my login info for there but I got a email saying a got a pm about the mr.bill thread. Hope you got it all sorted out now.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:44 AM

Hi coin chaser.
thanks for getting back to me. Yes i have been getting some very kind help from another member on the forum.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:01 PM

I guess I am going to give this a shot myself on a Classic 2 I picked up a couple of weeks ago unless I can locate someone to do it for me.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:17 PM

Hi again guys.

just wondering. has anyone ever done the frequency & normal-beach switch modification to there white's classic 11

thanks in advance guys...