Bucket lister...been looking for this thing for over 6.5 years!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
I should have found one of these long ago but for some reason I never did.
I found a seated dime, plenty of mercs and silver rosies, even a Barber quarter but a Barber dime always eluded me for some reason.
Until today.

Second hunt with the Nox, second silver for the year, second surprise on consecutive hunts...this coin triggered a big smile.

I am happy.

Attachments

• photostudio_1529011584914_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    photostudio_1529011584914_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 463
I think it is different than anything else I have swung before...and way cool.

Found this dime after switching to 50 tones.

I think that might end up to be my thing but we will see.

Awesome! I have had mine for a few months..... and all my other detectors are collecting dust. It’s very versatile.
It does suffer from coil edge sensitivity causing multiple signal responses on shallow targets. I rarely ever pin point... with the nox it’s every time as the wiggle back method doesn’t seem to work well.

When I first got it, i mutilated so many holes, lost targets etc.. much better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new NOX and the barber!! What I know about you from all your posts is that you'll love the nox...just so many tweaks:lol:

Congrats on the new NOX and the barber!! What I know about you from all your posts is that you'll love the nox...just so many tweaks:lol:

Ahh...a tweakers dream!
Way different than using my other detectors that I understand so well, I am still a little lost on understanding everything and all the settings but I am getting there.
My first hunt yesterday I messed with a few and found silver.
Today I was able to learn a few more, raised the disc, adjusted the tones and volume and eventually tried 50 tones which really sounded great to me and that's when the Barber popped up.
Those settings went into my user profile to use on the next hunt.
I can't say for sure because I never experienced it before but I think I heard that flutey silver sound all the Minelab guys always talk about.
More settings to play with and understand but two hunts, several masked coins and two silvers total for just a few hours swinging so far.
I am not doing bad at all.
Now I need to graduate from kindergarten on my learning curve, get through elementary, junior and high school and get into college.
What I understand now I will hopefully laugh at in a few weeks.
Can't wait but all in good time, I am not in a hurry.

Nice barber. I think my first was a 1914 too. I also had dug a seated dime, barber quarter and plenty of mercs and Rosie's before my first barber dime too! Nice to get one under your coil. Thanks for posting.

Congrats on the Barber! I just got the Nox 600 only had it out twice so I'm still learning it. I did find a silver ring my first time out seems to hit hard on small silver.

Congrats man, that's a long wait, even for a patient person!

Nice barber. I think my first was a 1914 too. I also had dug a seated dime, barber quarter and plenty of mercs and Rosie's before my first barber dime too! Nice to get one under your coil. Thanks for posting.

Congrats on the Barber! I just got the Nox 600 only had it out twice so I'm still learning it. I did find a silver ring my first time out seems to hit hard on small silver.

Nice coin, congrats on a first .

Nice one - love those Barber's !

Thanks!

Big congrats on finally digging that Barber Dime...a sweet silver!

So Captain, you said I would find a seated before I would find a Barber dime and you were correct.
Want to hazard a guess on what I will cross off my bucket list next? :yoda:

A great find from a great machine...congrats!

Thanks!

Turns out I found another silver target on my hunt, yesterday.
I think this is the front of a two piece button or some sort of silver cap off of something else.
It was super dirty and mostly crusty, I had no clue it could be silver until I cleaned it this morning.
Dime sized, tested as silver 100% with a scratch test and a file test digging deep into it.
Honestly any detector could have found these things because they were hiding in an old area that we couldn't hunt before because it was way too overgrown but the city was nice enough to clear it all out for us.
Neither was deeper than about 3".
It just so happened I was swinging the Nox at the time and I was real lucky to get my coil over both of them using my ambling drunk walking method.

Still, maybe the Nox is lucky for me right now so I guess I should ride this streak out as long as I can while it lasts.

Attachments

• photostudio_1529067877858_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    photostudio_1529067877858_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 317
Back
Top Bottom