Hit another gold ring! 13 diamonds in it.

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
But.. it's the SmALLEST gold ring I've ever found! Same elementary school I was working that I found the two silver rings (my last thread post).

It rang up a solid 52, which surprised me, when I pulled it. Must have been the big B on it that triggered such a high VDI. I actually thought it was silver, ringing up so low because it was tiny. Brought it home, cleaned it up, and spit tested it for silver (with foil)> No stink. Figured it was just a junker.

Then, as I was cleaning it up, I took a close look at the stones under a loupe (because I was looking for markings), and discovered each of the 13 stones was actually SET. There's no way they'd do that to a cheapo little kid ring, they'd be glued in.

So, I pulled out the gold test kit, and checked for both 10K and 14K. 14K instantly disappeared. The 10K held solid.

Then went on to test the stones. They're all real diamonds. Good grief. .65 grams 10K with real diamonds. I'll bet it sold new for about $40. LOL There's only about $11 in gold in the thing.

Still though. It's gold! Sure beats finding a junker. :)

Ring #185 for the year is gold #14...

I'll take it!

Cheers,

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_3826.jpg
    IMG_3826.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_3827.jpg
    IMG_3827.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_3828.jpg
    IMG_3828.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_3831.jpg
    IMG_3831.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_3832.jpg
    IMG_3832.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 399
Nice job Skippy. Your "ring finding guide" helped me so much when I was starting out. You are a gifted hunter, that's for sure.

Nice job Skippy. Your "ring finding guide" helped me so much when I was starting out. You are a gifted hunter, that's for sure.

Glad to know it helped.

I'm in "winter mode" right now, gridding massive fields to pick up whatever is there. Every year, I find a few pieces like this, just out in the middle of the field. I have no idea (or even an inclination) of why this ring would have been where it was... just fell off while a kid was playing!

Gridding is a great way to really pull whatever is out there, into your pouch... but it can sure be boring. Lately, though, I've been clearing $3-4 an hour in clad, with not much trash, so while it "Seems boring" it's actually been pretty good!

Cheers,

Skippy

Cool! I remember the day I had complete confidence in the Pro was when it hit a POINT 4gr ring like a train! They sure love sniffing out gold! You do to I see...A match made in Heaven! Good one Skip!

Where do I find said "ring finding guide"? I'm interested. I DO seem to have a knack for finding junk rings. Good job on the little gold!

Way to go, good thing we don't have size regulations...

No limits either lol...

Congrats!

<°)))>{

Cool! I remember the day I had complete confidence in the Pro was when it hit a POINT 4gr ring like a train! They sure love sniffing out gold! You do to I see...A match made in Heaven! Good one Skip!

I think the AT PRo is a master at sniffing out gold... especially when it's in a ROUND shape. That stuff just hits like a cast-iron pan... Love it.

ATP?

I'll bet she still hollered at it?

I've got 2 rings at .4 grams my smallest, but even smaller gold like pendants at .2 g..(picked out of iron)

<°)))>{

ATP?

I'll bet she still hollered at it?

I've got 2 rings at .4 grams my smallest, but even smaller gold like pendants at .2 g..(picked out of iron)

<°)))>{

TOTALLY nailed the signal. It sounded like a whole nickle sitting on the surface. Even had the triple beep to it as it passed over each edge of the coil. It was certainly a "surprise!" I didn't expect it to be gold though.

But that's why I check the finds!

Cheers,

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom