Prospector Bounty Hunter

chukarhunt

Hey everybody!

Happened to pick up my grandpas metal detector over the weekend. I don’t know how long it had been sitting in their old house, but it turned right on and worked!

Was just curious if anybody has had any experience with it, and tricks I should know about. I am in the process of cleaning it up right now and making some accessories or it. Didn’t come with headphones but it does have an external speaker. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• D0F20D4C-6F38-4884-81CD-24129E91CA39.jpg
    D0F20D4C-6F38-4884-81CD-24129E91CA39.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,295
I use the BH challenger now. It is a very basic machine but will find some good stuff. You will want to upgrade at some point but it will make for some good practice on things like; digging plugs, pin pointing, and seeing if you enjoy the hobby enough to spend money.

I have one of those! Got it in a trade and started detecting with it. Used it a year before moving to a Tesoro Compadré. Found my first gold ring and some silver coins amongst a lot of clad coins and other stuff. Not a very deep machine. I set the sensitivity to 1/2 o’clock and same for disc, toggle in tone mode, iirc anyway. BentRod on here had some good info awhile ago when I got started on using it.

Welcome aboard and happy hunting.

Lol, I saw your response on my other post, yep! Bounty Hunter Prospector. You are right about it not being a deep machine. I know the battery is just about dead, but I was waving it above tools in my garage and it was barely picking them up, only thing it really beeped on was the steel bumper for my truck lol.

Appreciate the advice. I will look up what BentRod had to say. I will replace the battery and have a go at it!

Buy two 9v batteries because it takes 2 of them, I left my detector on once while it was in the car on accident and that was an expensive oops moment.

I have one, bought it donkeys years ago, my daughter still uses it and loves it.
It doesn't have much depth, maybe 5" on a large coin, but on a field that's been ploughed, it will find loads.
My daughter has found silver 300-400 yrs old with it.

Back
Top Bottom