First day good find

mohawk918

Ok so I went out this evening as my second time hunting in my first day. Hit a park in my neighborhood and not even 2 mins into sweeping I come across this ring. I was super excited. I mean in my first day I find a gold ring. So I cleaned it up and find a guy's name on it. I Facebook stalk him and found her works and contacted him. He was very surprised I found it but didn't seem to excited to get it back. So I'll let him contact me now.
4ac3c4c522cfca55ea9e6078ad45905f.jpg
443cdfb4f9a2a1207fa9219fcb650e25.jpg
74db2f8df33deecda3942a0ac7bbd73a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Wow, congrats on finding the ring! You did the right thing to get in touch with the guy who lost it. Great job! :clapping:

It all cleaned up. Just waiting in the guy to contact me back or gonna sell it.
ef017427c4b7d7c05fe92f38508e00cd.jpg

Yeah I was super pumped that within minutes I found something pretty valuable. To bad I got integrity and am not going to keep it.

Yeah I was super pumped that within minutes I found something pretty valuable. To bad I got integrity and am not going to keep it.

Please, it's got nothing to do with integrity and maybe more with experience. Most people don't wear their school rings sfter two or three years and aren't too excited to see them again Just my experience ! Good find

That ring and the fact that you contacted the owner to return it can be a really good PR story for access to places desirable to hunt. It shows a positive humanitarian side of the hobby. Nice find!:yes:

Well done, Mohawk - not just on scoring the fantastic ring on the first hunt out of the gate, but also in doing the right thing and attempting a return! Just the right thing to do, in my opinion.

Now I'll let the cynical side of me come out - I'm not really surprised he didn't seem too excited about getting it back. Since the date on the ring is 2010, he's maybe 24 or 25 now? Chances are high that Mom and Dad paid for the ring to begin with, and he doesn't have much stake in, concept of, or appreciation for it's overall value. If you didn't set anything up to return the ring when you initiated contact, I'd be willing to bet you never hear from him again. I'd love to hear how it all turns out!

The only one I've ever found the guy was really excited about it. Lost it 33 years ago when he gave it to a girl and never saw it again. Sent me $40 and some money to cover shipping. I would love to have kept it but like yours the name was in the ring and it was too easy to find him. If your guy doesn't contact you, keep it and never look back. Congrats on a cool find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so the guy contacted me but never planned a time to meet me. He never contacted me back so I'll be selling it to cover more of this hobby tomorrow.

Ok so the guy contacted me but never planned a time to meet me. He never contacted me back so I'll be selling it to cover more of this hobby tomorrow.

Mohawk, even though you contacted him and he replied but without a time and place to meet, you might want to hold off on doing anything with it yet. Its only been 10 days, and if you were to sell it and the next day the guy says to meet him somewhere to return it, he could "flip out" on you to put it nicely. And by that I mean he might not be all too pleased and might attempt to take legal action. I would hold off for a while longer just so that if he does respond at a later date (as in weeks, months, whatever) you can say you gave him ample opportunity to set up a time and place to return it.

Mohawk, even though you contacted him and he replied but without a time and place to meet, you might want to hold off on doing anything with it yet. Its only been 10 days, and if you were to sell it and the next day the guy says to meet him somewhere to return it, he could "flip out" on you to put it nicely. And by that I mean he might not be all too pleased and might attempt to take legal action. I would hold off for a while longer just so that if he does respond at a later date (as in weeks, months, whatever) you can say you gave him ample opportunity to set up a time and place to return it.
Hmm. Yeah your probably right. I've hit him up several times but nothing. When I did talk to him in the phone he didn't seem to excited. But I might wait. Although there is no proof for him except me saying I have it.

That’s a great find Mohawk, I ran into the EXACT same thing with a class ring this spring. It’s very nice,a huge honker. I contacted him through 2 people that actually know him personally. He’s from the class of 2006. I never heard anything back from him to get it back or anything at all. I know for a fact that he knows I have it,but there doesn’t seem to be any interest in the ring. Perhaps he gave it to a girl and she threw it out a car window,who knows. But the end game is,you have one...I have one...and it looks like that’s the way it’s going to stay!
Congrats on a great find!

Back
Top Bottom