New Deus Owner Questions

H Desert Digger

Forum Supporter
Okay so while I patiently wait for the Equinox to come out and then the forum members to give their feedback on it, I got me a Deus Lite set up. First thing I found interesting is the continious coil light.

So the coil is "active" at all times then correct? This means you don't want to charge it up until your ready to go out hunting, correct?

Is there anything else that I haven't discovered yet that is worth mentioning and or that I should know?

Maybe if one of the forum's Deus users' has time, they would be willing to call me and maybe share some of their findings and tips with me? Please pm me if you have the time and I'll send you my number. Thanks

HDD

Okay so while I patiently wait for the Equinox to come out and then the forum members to give their feedback on it, I got me a Deus Lite set up. First thing I found interesting is the continious coil light.

So the coil is "active" at all times then correct? This means you don't want to charge it up until your ready to go out hunting, correct?

Incorrect.
The coil will flash a slow flash all the time when off. You can charge Deus up tonite for example and use tomorrow if you wish. Refer to owner's manual, don't let coil set idle for days on end. Instead about once a month give some charge.
Coil light wil flash steady when charging, then when fully charged will flash slow.

Is there anything else that I haven't discovered yet that is worth mentioning and or that I should know?

Maybe if one of the forum's Deus users' has time, they would be willing to call me and maybe share some of their findings and tips with me? Please pm me if you have the time and I'll send you my number. Thanks

HDD

There is loads of info about Deus on this forum.

Since you have Deus light version you do need to know how to properly Ground Balance.

Basically this equates to pumping coil slowly over clean ground, and as you do dial GB setting on module downwards. Continue to dial down until you get some slight feedback in the audio as coil approaches ground.

Now if your ground is real mild, the default setting of 90 will work fine.

If your ground is not mild, having improper GB will affect your depth potential with detector.

Refer to your manual.
Toward the back of manual the factory program settings are listed.
These are important, and you need to understand what each setting does or affects your detector for performance.

Good rule of thumb is start with basic program first.
Deus fast is good to start with hunting in heavier iron.

If you need someone to talk to via tele by all means I will assist you.

HDD

Steve, I will talk to you again in a few weeks.
To see how you are progressing and answer any questions.

In the meantime this link here has some good info/videos to guide you along.

Cheers
Happy Thanksgiving.

David

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=250718

I bookmarked that page for future reference....thanks David.

There's a lot of good information there....I had not noticed there is no Depth Meter on the Deus until you pointed it out in your thread. I have noticed in my short time detecting (@4yrs now) that depth can be "read" by the target tone/quality in most cases.

I noticed too, that when the module is removed from the WS4 backphones, your headphones are just ear muffs....;)

Thanks for the time on the phone tonight...you have my number, lets talk again soon.

Steve

Depending on where your audio response is set at.A deus lite doesn't give you expert settings from the remote but hopefully someone installed custom programs for you. Good luck and many finds with the Deus.

Depending on where your audio response is set at.A deus lite doesn't give you expert settings from the remote but hopefully someone installed custom programs for you. Good luck and many finds with the Deus.

No biggie..I wouldn't feel comfortable with expert settings at this point. I haven't even had it out of the house yet. Tomorrow will be my first day off since I got the Lite. I hope to get out with it after it warms up some. I'm looking to achieve a sucessful ground balance at this point...smiles.

HDD

No biggie..I wouldn't feel comfortable with expert settings at this point. I haven't even had it out of the house yet. Tomorrow will be my first day off since I got the Lite. I hope to get out with it after it warms up some. I'm looking to achieve a sucessful ground balance at this point...smiles.

HDD

I've had my Deus Lite About a year and a half now. No desire to get the remote. I like simple. They'll have to pry this thing from my cold dead fingers. I haven't even upgraded to version 4.0 because it works great as is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had my Deus Lite About a year and a half now. No desire to get the remote. I like simple. They'll have to pry this thing from my cold dead fingers. I haven't even upgraded to version 4.0 because it works great as is.

The only thing that I can see might be a bit of a issue will be trying to make adjustments on the POD. I have to shine a flashlight on it here at home to see the different menu modes. Hopefully it will be easier out in the sun/outdoors.

HDD

The only thing that I can see might be a bit of a issue will be trying to make adjustments on the POD. I have to shine a flashlight on it here at home to see the different menu modes. Hopefully it will be easier out in the sun/outdoors.

HDD

I've had no issue with being able to see it and make adjustments. I use it as a display and use wired headphones that come with it.

I've had no issue with being able to see it and make adjustments. I use it as a display and use wired headphones that come with it.

I was thinking about that...where do the headphones plug in? Do they plug into the charging port of the module? I did not get any wired HP's.

HDD

I was thinking about that...where do the headphones plug in? Do they plug into the charging port of the module? I did not get any wired HP's.

HDD

Just saw this. Requires an adapter that slides onto back of puck. My set-up came with the adapter and wired headphones as part of my Lite package.

HDD

Don't get all worried about the GB. It can help but really is not necessary,basically the coils set the parameters. The Deus uses a ground rejection type ground balance. I say don't worry about it as here I will often I just leave it set to 90 or 84 and you will find things with it. I just downloaded a 4.2 update, it should be released soon. The new update allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the Ground balance in expert mode(need a remote to do this) but if there is not strong enough ground signal,it allows you to adjust how strong the ground minerals need to be before activating the ground tracking that your Deus will read. I started with a Deus lite, then bought a Deus in different coil size with a remote to further advance my settings.Watch the XP tutorials by Gary, they are packed full of info.

http://www.xp-detectors.co.uk/

First Run with the Deus

I went out to a new permission today and here's what I learned about the Deus.

The Deus impressed me right off the bat. I charged the module and the coil before I went out. I turned the module on and the coil was already paired up so off I went. I felt very comfortable listening to the deus react to the new ground I was detecting. My first solid signal turned out to be a nice thick heavy key. I found myself wanting to remove the headphones to see what the VDI was showing me, but I went by sound only.

I found the backphones to be a bit uncomfortable after about an hour. After two hours I gave up on the Deus and went back to the truck for my Silver Sabre, I couldn't take the backphones any longer.

I believe the Deus to be ever bit as good as the reviews I've seen my forum members and the video's on YT. I am now looking at getting myself a pair of WS5 headphones and or the module adapter and wired headphones. The backphones are just to uncomfortable to wear for more than two hours.

I look forward learning more about the Deus and hearing more from all you guys who have commented here on this thread.

Thanks for your time.

HDD

The Deus impressed me right off the bat. I charged the module and the coil before I went out. I turned the module on and the coil was already paired up so off I went. I felt very comfortable listening to the deus react to the new ground I was detecting. My first solid signal turned out to be a nice thick heavy key. I found myself wanting to remove the headphones to see what the VDI was showing me, but I went by sound only.

I found the backphones to be a bit uncomfortable after about an hour. After two hours I gave up on the Deus and went back to the truck for my Silver Sabre, I couldn't take the backphones any longer.

I believe the Deus to be ever bit as good as the reviews I've seen my forum members and the video's on YT. I am now looking at getting myself a pair of WS5 headphones and or the module adapter and wired headphones. The backphones are just to uncomfortable to wear for more than two hours.

I look forward learning more about the Deus and hearing more from all you guys who have commented here on this thread.

Thanks for your time.

HDD
My biggest obstacle with the Deus Lite was wanting to see the ID.Once you start hitting targets deeper than it will ID, you will learn to appreciate the Deus as an audio response machine and then you will realize it's not really about the ID as much as it is the way the targets sound.There is a ton of info coming in when audio response is set at 3 on the programs.One thing I do with the Hot program.I don't run it to -6.4.I run it to -4.0 or to +1 or +2. -4 lets in everything, +1 or +2 cuts a lot of what I call ground noise out.It's all information but at times it can overwhelming, then I turn it to +1 or +2.I think -6.4 is too low , if you want go as high as +10 on the disc and you will run silently in background noise.

Thanks for your time.

HDD

You are right about the backphones, probably the most uncomfortable ones I have ever worn. The wired backphones are no better in my opinion.
I suggest that you invest in the adapter so that you can mount your "puck" to your stem. You can then use any headphones with a 1/8" jack (or 1/4" jack with adapter) I actually used a set of Auvio wireless headphones so I could be wireless and still see my puck for adjustments. The new deteknix wireless headphones would work also. Here are a few links for the parts.

Deus part #D099
Deus part #D090B

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-XP-DEU...d=263303013660&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598

https://www.ebay.com/itm/XP-Deus-Me...Headphone-Display-to-Stem-D090B-/272105235917

Here is a pic of mine

I just went and tested the wireless system I have with the puck adapter, it works fine if you already have a wireless headphone system to link to. Did you get the puck holder for the stem ?

I just went and tested the wireless system I have with the puck adapter, it works fine if you already have a wireless headphone system to link to. Did you get the puck holder for the stem ?

No....I need to order that too....thanks to choppdude, I have a link to get one. I'm really liking the Deteknix headphones, due to their supposed comfort level. Eventually when I get to know the Deus a lot better, I plan on hunting tone only for the most part. I noticed today, when I got to my new permission, that the Deus was reporting a few signals here and there, but when the coil swept over that big heavy key, I knew right away I was going to dig that. I figure tone is where it's at.

HDD

Back
Top Bottom