Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Old 02-09-2019, 09:40 AM

Default Saginaw, Michigan

I just purchased a Whites MX Sport detector after being away from the hobby for 2 years. Looking to see if anyone around the area would be interested in a hunt

Old 02-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Elite Member

I will be heading down to sebawing around the 1st of the month. Going to hunt a few areas. Will be down for a week .

Old 03-07-2019, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ps249 View post
I just purchased a Whites MX Sport detector after being away from the hobby for 2 years. Looking to see if anyone around the area would be interested in a hunt
When the ground thaws I'm game to go MD. I'm about an hour from Saginaw, so weekend would be the best time. Give me a shout back.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:08 AM
Elite Member

I was about to say I canít imagine doing any hunting in Saginaw for a while but itís a great tune to do research about possible locations to hunt.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:02 AM

Never hunted Saginaw but hunted Bay City and Midland. Give me a shout.w

Old 03-11-2019, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sod View post
Never hunted Saginaw but hunted Bay City and Midland. Give me a shout.w
Hey Sod, so what kind of locations do you usually hunt in Baycity? Water, parks, old houses and yards, farm fields??

Old 03-14-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cellar Dweller View post
Hey Sod, so what kind of locations do you usually hunt in Baycity? Water, parks, old houses and yards, farm fields??
Parks, vacant lots, old ship yard. Id like to hunt some of the places that are schuled to be demolished this year. If I remember right, 22 are to come down.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:36 PM

Parks, vacant lots, old ship yard. Id like to hunt some of the places that are schuled to be demolished this year. If I remember right, 22 are to come down.
Same here except ive never MD a shipping yard. Mostly old schools, parks, old cellars in woods and yards. The ground is thawed about 4-6 inches down here last time I checked. Thinking in a couple weeks it should be completely ready but maybe a little muddy in places. Are you hunting right now or waiting until ground is completely unfrozen?

Old 03-16-2019, 02:01 PM

No not yet, ground still frozen hard. I did see a little mud yesterday but it was gone this morning.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:24 PM

Same here except ive never MD a shipping yard. Mostly old schools, parks, old cellars in woods and yards. The ground is thawed about 4-6 inches down here last time I checked. Thinking in a couple weeks it should be completely ready but maybe a little muddy in places. Are you hunting right now or waiting until ground is completely unfrozen?
Around Saginaw area is low and stays wet longer in the spring. Haven't hunted any water over that way but sure would like to. O yes I've been ready to go for some time now.

Old 03-17-2019, 02:37 PM

Around Saginaw area is low and stays wet longer in the spring. Haven't hunted any water over that way but sure would like to. O yes I've been ready to go for some time now.

Me to, did some local hunting yesterday. It was colder then like but had to get out and try, ground was not to say just a little frozen.

Old 03-17-2019, 03:11 PM

Thumbs up

Me to, did some local hunting yesterday. It was colder then like but had to get out and try, ground was not to say just a little frozen.

From what the weather jockey was saying maybe in the next 10 days ?