Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-13-2019, 08:18 AM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 12,368
Default Bluetooth 5.0

Looking for others opinions on Bluetooth 5.0, I just purchased a new transmitter and headphones that utilizes it. Experiences and opinions welcomed! Thank you!

__________________
☆2019 LET'S GO BRUINS!☆
☆W-44~IH-2~LC-4~Tokens-2☆
☆Silva-15~Ster-18~Rings-5☆
☆Buff&V's-6~Gold-5~Clad:$4.23☆

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 03-13-2019, 08:56 AM
MuddyMo MuddyMo is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: North Missouri unfortunately
Posts: 370
Default

I was using 4.2 last year, is the 5.0 noticeably faster?

__________________
If you disagree with me or my post don't make sense, keep in mind I'VE BEEN DRINKING and its not Kool-Aid

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 03-13-2019, 01:02 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 12,368
Default

Originally Posted by MuddyMo View post
I was using 4.2 last year, is the 5.0 noticeably faster?
That's what I'm wondering, my old set up is 4.2. From what I've read, its faster and drains less power. Hoping to hear some real world experiences though.

__________________
☆2019 LET'S GO BRUINS!☆
☆W-44~IH-2~LC-4~Tokens-2☆
☆Silva-15~Ster-18~Rings-5☆
☆Buff&V's-6~Gold-5~Clad:$4.23☆

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 03-15-2019, 04:27 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 12,368
Default

So I just received my taotronics 5.0 transmitter and wireless 5.0 ear buds and initial testing looks good 👍 will put it to the test at the ocean tomorrow, will update with links to the products and observations soon!

__________________
☆2019 LET'S GO BRUINS!☆
☆W-44~IH-2~LC-4~Tokens-2☆
☆Silva-15~Ster-18~Rings-5☆
☆Buff&V's-6~Gold-5~Clad:$4.23☆

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 03-20-2019, 10:54 PM
Volksman's Avatar
Volksman Volksman is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: North Central Iowa
Posts: 235
Default

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
So I just received my taotronics 5.0 transmitter and wireless 5.0 ear buds and initial testing looks good 👍 will put it to the test at the ocean tomorrow, will update with links to the products and observations soon!
What earbuds did you get? I have a Taotronics transmitter but am having a hard time finding the right headphones.

__________________
AT Pro w/ Nel Thunder, Ace 350, Whites TRX, Lesche digger

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 03-23-2019, 01:32 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 12,368
Default

Originally Posted by Volksman View post
What earbuds did you get? I have a Taotronics transmitter but am having a hard time finding the right headphones.
Hey sorry I forgot to update this thread, life gpt pretty busy. Here's the headphones I purchased https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113609740895
They are awesome headphones! The set up works excellent on my garrett AT gold, but I have not figured out a way to get my minelab explorer SE to work with it. It does work with the explorer, but the volume is so low, you cant even hear it. But ibuse the headphones at work, at home, anywhere! Very happy with the headphones, highly recommend them.

__________________
☆2019 LET'S GO BRUINS!☆
☆W-44~IH-2~LC-4~Tokens-2☆
☆Silva-15~Ster-18~Rings-5☆
☆Buff&V's-6~Gold-5~Clad:$4.23☆

Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 03-23-2019, 01:36 PM
Big Treble's Avatar
Big Treble Big Treble is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW WI
Posts: 4,587
Default

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Hey sorry I forgot to update this thread, life gpt pretty busy. Here's the headphones I purchased https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113609740895
They are awesome headphones! The set up works excellent on my garrett AT gold, but I have not figured out a way to get my minelab explorer SE to work with it. It does work with the explorer, but the volume is so low, you cant even hear it. But ibuse the headphones at work, at home, anywhere! Very happy with the headphones, highly recommend them.

So am I to understand the transmitter and ear buds are purchased separately?

__________________
CTX, Anfibio, V3i----Most days I'm not sure if I'm a Metal Detectorist, or a Scrap Metal Relocation Engineer.
Big Treble Outdoors Treasure Adventures -Missing big silver & anything remotely valuable since 2010.

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 03-23-2019, 10:47 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 12,368
Default

Originally Posted by Big Treble View post
So am I to understand the transmitter and ear buds are purchased separately?
Correct I purchased both seperately. Total cost for both the taotronics 5.0 bluetooth Transmitter/receiver and the headphones in the link above was around 55-60$! If I can get it to work on my minelab, I will be VERY happy. I notice zero lag/delay. I imagine they may not last long, being so inexpensive. I guess only time will tell. Good luck out there!

__________________
☆2019 LET'S GO BRUINS!☆
☆W-44~IH-2~LC-4~Tokens-2☆
☆Silva-15~Ster-18~Rings-5☆
☆Buff&V's-6~Gold-5~Clad:$4.23☆

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 03-24-2019, 08:36 AM
Big Treble's Avatar
Big Treble Big Treble is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW WI
Posts: 4,587
Default

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Correct I purchased both seperately. Total cost for both the taotronics 5.0 bluetooth Transmitter/receiver and the headphones in the link above was around 55-60$! If I can get it to work on my minelab, I will be VERY happy. I notice zero lag/delay. I imagine they may not last long, being so inexpensive. I guess only time will tell. Good luck out there!
Keep me posted, I use the wireless module on the ctx, dont mind being wired to it the module just that the killer bees tend to hurt my fat head after about 5 hours or more. Plus they get hot as summer approaches.

__________________
CTX, Anfibio, V3i----Most days I'm not sure if I'm a Metal Detectorist, or a Scrap Metal Relocation Engineer.
Big Treble Outdoors Treasure Adventures -Missing big silver & anything remotely valuable since 2010.

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 03-25-2019, 09:52 PM
Volksman's Avatar
Volksman Volksman is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: North Central Iowa
Posts: 235
Default

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Hey sorry I forgot to update this thread, life gpt pretty busy. Here's the headphones I purchased https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113609740895
They are awesome headphones! The set up works excellent on my garrett AT gold, but I have not figured out a way to get my minelab explorer SE to work with it. It does work with the explorer, but the volume is so low, you cant even hear it. But ibuse the headphones at work, at home, anywhere! Very happy with the headphones, highly recommend them.
Thanks.
Do you use the ear hooks? Or do they stay in the ear good without them? I wonder why a lot of these donít mention if they are low latency.

__________________
AT Pro w/ Nel Thunder, Ace 350, Whites TRX, Lesche digger

Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 03-25-2019, 10:14 PM
Volksman's Avatar
Volksman Volksman is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: North Central Iowa
Posts: 235
Default

I have some mpow flame earbuds that I tried out today on my AT Pro with a taotronics transmitter. The sound wasnít very good. Dimes and nickels sounded the same.

__________________
AT Pro w/ Nel Thunder, Ace 350, Whites TRX, Lesche digger

Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 03-29-2019, 05:17 PM
Seaking406 Seaking406 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 515
Default

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Looking for others opinions on Bluetooth 5.0, I just purchased a new transmitter and headphones that utilizes it. Experiences and opinions welcomed! Thank you!

Hi, I recently purchased and tried out a pair of "SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones Magnetic Wireless Earbuds IPX6 in-Ear Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphones Upgraded Q12 Plus (9 Hours Playtime, APTX-LL, C" to go along with my NOX 600. Though listed as 'headphones' they are actually winged earbuds.

I previous had a pair of 4.3 bluetooh low latency headphones so I have something to compare it to. I don't know if it's the 5.0 or other technology behind the SoundPeats that make them so much better than the headphones but the previous headphones seem to lag a slight touch when passing the coil over a surface target.. I could see when the coil passed over it and when it would sound off..There was also an erratic static noise when hitting multiple targets in the hole etc. Going on the Nox speaking itself, I could tell that there was a slight amount of lag even though it's referred to as low latency. I used those headphones when watching TV and do not notice any lag between lips moving and the audio..

But with the SoundPeats, I could tell it's an improvement as the target beep is instantaneous when passing the coil over the target. I tested it with tossing down some coins, nails and bottle caps to see how the chatter was going sound like (very unpleasant on the 4.3 headphones) but on the SoundPeats, wow.. very impressive.

I'm no expert on whether or not 5.0 makes a difference over 4.3 Bluetooth, but I DO know that these earbuds are SO much better sounding than the 4.3 Bluetooth.. Or so my ears tell me enough that I will be enjoying these a lot!

Cheers
Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 03-29-2019, 05:29 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 12,368
Default

Originally Posted by Volksman View post
Thanks.
Do you use the ear hooks? Or do they stay in the ear good without them? I wonder why a lot of these donít mention if they are low latency.
If they are a nice expensive pair and your really concerned about losing them, I would use the hooks. I have been using them at work and I do alot of bumping around and havent had one fall out yet. So I havent felt the need to use the hooks. If I was ever hunting in the woods it would probably be wise to just use the hook. I use one at a time. That way I always have at least one charged, and I can always hear what's going on around me. Still very happy with the ear buds. I just wish I could get them to work on my minelab explorer. I have another set of Bluetooth ear buds that have a connecting wire. Might try those with the taotronics transmitter, but I believe they are 4.2. I don't think the earbuds I bought are low latency, but they seem to work pretty well. Might take the route seaking down below took with his ear buds.

__________________
☆2019 LET'S GO BRUINS!☆
☆W-44~IH-2~LC-4~Tokens-2☆
☆Silva-15~Ster-18~Rings-5☆
☆Buff&V's-6~Gold-5~Clad:$4.23☆

Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 03-29-2019, 05:30 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 12,368
Default

Originally Posted by Seaking406 View post
Hi, I recently purchased and tried out a pair of "SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones Magnetic Wireless Earbuds IPX6 in-Ear Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphones Upgraded Q12 Plus (9 Hours Playtime, APTX-LL, C" to go along with my NOX 600. Though listed as 'headphones' they are actually winged earbuds.

I previous had a pair of 4.3 bluetooh low latency headphones so I have something to compare it to. I don't know if it's the 5.0 or other technology behind the SoundPeats that make them so much better than the headphones but the previous headphones seem to lag a slight touch when passing the coil over a surface target.. I could see when the coil passed over it and when it would sound off..There was also an erratic static noise when hitting multiple targets in the hole etc. Going on the Nox speaking itself, I could tell that there was a slight amount of lag even though it's referred to as low latency. I used those headphones when watching TV and do not notice any lag between lips moving and the audio..

But with the SoundPeats, I could tell it's an improvement as the target beep is instantaneous when passing the coil over the target. I tested it with tossing down some coins, nails and bottle caps to see how the chatter was going sound like (very unpleasant on the 4.3 headphones) but on the SoundPeats, wow.. very impressive.

I'm no expert on whether or not 5.0 makes a difference over 4.3 Bluetooth, but I DO know that these earbuds are SO much better sounding than the 4.3 Bluetooth.. Or so my ears tell me enough that I will be enjoying these a lot!

Cheers
Thank you for your input, I like options, so I will take a look at the earbuds you recommended, appreciate your feedback!

__________________
☆2019 LET'S GO BRUINS!☆
☆W-44~IH-2~LC-4~Tokens-2☆
☆Silva-15~Ster-18~Rings-5☆
☆Buff&V's-6~Gold-5~Clad:$4.23☆

Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 03-29-2019, 05:32 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 12,368
Default

Originally Posted by Volksman View post
I have some mpow flame earbuds that I tried out today on my AT Pro with a taotronics transmitter. The sound wasnít very good. Dimes and nickels sounded the same.
Now that just ain't right, were the numbers on the machine correct? Do you know what version Bluetooth the mpows are?

__________________
☆2019 LET'S GO BRUINS!☆
☆W-44~IH-2~LC-4~Tokens-2☆
☆Silva-15~Ster-18~Rings-5☆
☆Buff&V's-6~Gold-5~Clad:$4.23☆

Reply With Quote


  #16  
Old 03-29-2019, 05:36 PM
Volksman's Avatar
Volksman Volksman is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: North Central Iowa
Posts: 235
Default

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Now that just ain't right, were the numbers on the machine correct? Do you know what version Bluetooth the mpows are?
Yes the numbers were correct, I think itís just poor sound quality. I think they are 4.2.

__________________
AT Pro w/ Nel Thunder, Ace 350, Whites TRX, Lesche digger

Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 04-01-2019, 06:47 PM
pacer's Avatar
pacer pacer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Northern Nevada - Reno
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Hey sorry I forgot to update this thread, life gpt pretty busy. Here's the headphones I purchased https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113609740895
They are awesome headphones! The set up works excellent on my garrett AT gold, but I have not figured out a way to get my minelab explorer SE to work with it. It does work with the explorer, but the volume is so low, you cant even hear it. But ibuse the headphones at work, at home, anywhere! Very happy with the headphones, highly recommend them.
cellrdwellr, I'm interested in the earbuds/headphones you make mention of in your post. I checked them out and nothing that I read mentioned anything about them being low latency. If you have issues getting them to pair with your Minelab Explorer, I'm wondering if there will be any issues getting them to pair with my Equinox? Your thoughts on this would be appreciated,
Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 04-01-2019, 07:23 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 12,368
Default

Originally Posted by pacer View post
cellrdwellr, I'm interested in the earbuds/headphones you make mention of in your post. I checked them out and nothing that I read mentioned anything about them being low latency. If you have issues getting them to pair with your Minelab Explorer, I'm wondering if there will be any issues getting them to pair with my Equinox? Your thoughts on this would be appreciated,
I do NOT believe the ear buds I purchased are low latency. I did not notice this when I purchased them. They pair with the transmitter just fine with the explorer, but the volume is extremely low, I think a better jack may fix the issue, but havent tried yet. They do work very well, but im about to pull the trigger on the headphones seaking alluded to above. "SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones Magnetic Wireless Earbuds IPX6 in-Ear Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphones Upgraded Q12 Plus (9 Hours Playtime, APTX-LL, C". I will use the earbuds i already purchased as work phones/back up pair. Seaking mentioned above they work very well with his equinox too.

__________________
☆2019 LET'S GO BRUINS!☆
☆W-44~IH-2~LC-4~Tokens-2☆
☆Silva-15~Ster-18~Rings-5☆
☆Buff&V's-6~Gold-5~Clad:$4.23☆

Reply With Quote


  #19  
Old 04-13-2019, 01:49 PM
Dirt Picker Dirt Picker is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Default

5.0 BT earbuds with Aptx-LL are hard to find.Here is another set from SoundPeat:https://www.soundguys.com/soundpeats...-review-21275/
I have been trying to find something like this with ear hangers,but no luck so far.
Found these nice aptx-ll buds that hang over the ears,but they are v4.2:http://www.avantree.com/dual-driver-...ri-air-ll.html

Last edited by Dirt Picker; 04-15-2019 at 09:18 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #20  
Old 04-16-2019, 08:57 AM
Dirt Picker Dirt Picker is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Default BT V5.0 transmitter and earbuds

I finally decided on this set-up: Trond BT Duo V5.0 with Aptx-LL($30.48 total) and the Aukey EP-B80 BT V5.0 earbuds with Aptx-LL and over the ear hooks($50.00 total).Won't have them for a few days,but I'm sure they will work as expected.I wanted the earbuds for hot weather and I have a set of over the ear headphones for cool weather.I read somewhere that many people have a problem with plain in the ear earbuds not staying in,so I looked for the hanger type.Sound like a good set-up?
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.