Still quit smoking.....

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and

....and thanks to Vaping it was easy as pie.
Not saying this a totally safe thing to do but according to the medical people vaping is 95% less harmful than smoking.
I talked about this in a post about 2 months ago but I found this site where you can make a banner like the one above...it really brings home the idea of how much smoking can cost.
http://www.sincemylastcigarette.com

I actually am lying a bit, about 2 weeks ago I bummed a stinkie off of a friend while we were hunting in order to see how I would react, not because I actually craved one, and I took a few puffs and then put it out.
I was shocked to discover I just didn't like it anymore at all, I doubt if that thought will cross my mind again now that I know.

Of course like metal detecting there is a downside, I am obsessed with shopping for new tech toys to enjoy.
To offset that I am learning to make my own coils and definitely my own E Juice since some of that stuff can get expensive if you buy it off the shelves at the Vape stores or online.
Not near as expensive as the weekly cost of cigarettes but it still costs too much as far as I am concerned...about 40¢ per milliliter for one 60 mil bottle of one decent brand I bought and it could go higher for some extra premium brands.
I use only about 5-8 mils per day, some go through way more, but it can still add up.
Using supplies I bought at my Vape store I made a batch of my own great tasting juice, (after steeping for a few weeks), that tastes very similar and just as good to me as the retail stuff and that cost me a total of 8¢ per mil so I can sure get my head around those numbers.
I have all kinds of great recipes and flavors working now too, fruits, pastries, tobacco and more.
If I order my supplies online from a much bigger supply house I can easily knock that DIY price to half of that.
Plus it is very satisfying to make something with my own hands that I can enjoy.
I suspect that the big profit center in these Vape stores is not the tech, mods, coils atomizers and other supplies they sell but it is the juice itself.
Despite all that I have still saved over $500 since I quit smoking a little less than 3 months ago so spending some of that on a much less harmful habit just makes great sense to me.

I am happy, I feel better, I can breath better and hike up small mountains easier to hunt and my wife is thrilled because I smell better, too.
Also I am lowering my nicotine levels down bit by bit every week.
Soon I will be down to 0 levels of nicotine and that makes me happy, also.

Saving money and living a more healthy lifestyle, I can't believe it took me so long to get into this.

Last edited:
Really great. Quitting can be terribly hard. Keep it up. Resist the urge to bum one on occasion. It can backfire! Not worth it. So glad to hear you are already reaping the benefits.

Awesome sauce!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, bud.
The transition was easier than I thought was possible.

Good job man! I have a vape pen sitting here, i try to use it as much as possible.

Thanks Zee.
I have a mid range Zelos mod and a couple of different atomizers for it including a dripper I can build coils for which is also fun and I plan getting one more mod, (yea, right), a bit more advanced with a few more features so I can get a little higher wattage and better battery life.
However the one I take with me when I leave the house and still use around the house also is my cheap little Vape pen I started with.
Way better than those stupid cig-a-likes that I tried a few years ago that didn't work for me.
Best $20 I ever spent.

Back
Top Bottom