Explorer 2 or Etrac? Fbs machine choice.

Coinboy

Elite Member
Hi guys,
I have been using my Nokta makro simplex for a while now and liking it. But I’m ready to upgrade to an FBS machine. Most of my hunting is looking for deeep silver in areas with little trash, so an fbs machine seems perfect for that. I am going to buy a used one and I have 2 options. One of them is an etrac with just the stock pro coil and instructional video for 400$. The other choice is an explorer 2 with the pro coil, 15 inch wot coil, and Jolly Roger headphones for 325$, which would leave me with some money to get another coil or accessories. So I was wondering is the etrac that much better for deep silver than the explorer to warrant that difference in price? I can’t really go above 400$ on this. Thanks!

That is an excellent price for an Etrac, but is slightly more advanced than the explorer series. Both are very easy to use, I run an equinox and an explorer SE. I have also used almost all the explorer models, etrac, and CTX. The explorer 2 is a great machine as well, but is very outdated, and if it breaks, they are not in production anymore, so no chance of getting it fixed by minelab. If it were me, etrac for sure!

That is an excellent price for an Etrac, but is slightly more advanced than the explorer series. Both are very easy to use, I run an equinox and an explorer SE. I have also used almost all the explorer models, etrac, and CTX. The explorer 2 is a great machine as well, but is very outdated, and if it breaks, they are not in production anymore, so no chance of getting it fixed by minelab. If it were me, etrac for sure!

Thanks, I will probably go for the etrac.

I own both, my Exp II is going on about 15 y.o., no issues.
The ETrac is my backup because the Exp II runs a bit hotter than the eTrac.
I’ve tested between the two using buddie’s duplicate machines.
The Etrac is a good machine I just don’t use it much.

I believe the Explorer SE Pro setup out-performs both etrac/Exp II.

I like my Etrac. It's response time is slower than the Simplex and its a bit heavy, but I love the ability to program the machine to discriminate out a lot of stuff. Great coin shooter!

I like my Etrac. It's response time is slower than the Simplex and its a bit heavy, but I love the ability to program the machine to discriminate out a lot of stuff. Great coin shooter!

That’s what I will use it for and keep the simplex for the water and trashy sites.

I own both, my Exp II is going on about 15 y.o., no issues.
The ETrac is my backup because the Exp II runs a bit hotter than the eTrac.
I’ve tested between the two using buddie’s duplicate machines.
The Etrac is a good machine I just don’t use it much.

I believe the Explorer SE Pro setup out-performs both etrac/Exp II.

It seems like both of you like the SE... I could also get one of those in great shape with the 7 inch and 10 inch coils for 400$. What do you think?

It seems like both of you like the SE... I could also get one of those in great shape with the 7 inch and 10 inch coils for 400$. What do you think?

They are not producing Explorer models anymore. So if you accidentally break it, or get it wet, your out of luck getting it fixed by minelab. The best deal that you listed is the Etrac IMO hands down...last I checked, the etrac still retails for $1,500. You will likely get the 400$ back if you decide you dont like it, and sell it. You honestly could probably get more than 400$, that's a great price!

They are not producing Explorer models anymore. So if you accidentally break it, or get it wet, your out of luck getting it fixed by minelab. The best deal that you listed is the Etrac IMO hands down...last I checked, the etrac still retails for $1,500. You will likely get the 400$ back if you decide you dont like it, and sell it. You honestly could probably get more than 400$, that's a great price!

Thanks I wrote to the seller to see if the etrac is available, if it’s not i’ll get the se.

Etrac is a silver killer

I have found so much silver with my etrac. Not a good detector or old men. Darn thing is to heavy for an all day hunt in the woods.

I have found so much silver with my etrac. Not a good detector or old men. Darn thing is to heavy for an all day hunt in the woods.
The Minelab Pro Swing harness solves that problem and the Etrac swings light as a feather, all day long.

I’m a pretty strong (in my opinion) 14 year old so I don’t think weight would be an issue..

Back
Top Bottom