Silver #39...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Had a bit of time for a quick hunt with the Explorer II/stock coil setup while out and about today...no pix from the field but these were my digs 36 cents in clad, pulltab, old buckle and a washer, 5 wheats, a vintage Matchbox Austin A50 with several layers of paint:lol: that was in a bad rollover... and a silver... #39... was a bit different running the Ex II instead of the XS for the first time in a couple months...forgot how the black FBS upper/lower rod setups wobble and twist at the camlock while the tan upper/lower XS rods don't...nice to see the screen update a tad quicker though compared to the XS when I got over the Rosie, but to me the silver has a slightly sweeter sound on the XS. Either one works for me though, and unless I'm busy finding Large Cents instead:laughing: they almost always brings home the silver:yes: Well, that's it for the outing so thanks for looking, see you after the next...and Happy Hunting!

Congrats on the Rosie Cap. I got out a couple days before the rains we got. Was so dry I swear my 705 was only seeing 4" deep on coins. 3 zincers and one clad quarter.

Back
Top Bottom