• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Pigged Out at the CLAD Buffet Line/Fields Today

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
What a day...started my day at a semi-private little league field. Long story short, it later turned into a "permission" after I started. This is where I found the major bulk of my finds.

Later, this evening I met up with member "Gquinzi" for very short hunt. We hunted a local sports area with the additional coins were added to the total.

With the number of dimes found today, I was able to set a new record for myself with dimes found in one day. My prior record was 57. And today's new record is now 86.

Breakdown of coins:

110-Quarters
86-Dimes
9-Nickels
35 -Cents

Grand totals: 240 coins--$36.90

The more I use the NOX, the more I like it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Attachments

• Coins 07182018 002.jpg
    Coins 07182018 002.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 441
I'm liking those numbers you pulled there!...Good post about the NOX's capability as a Mega Clad Hammer! If I get one, this will be a big factor in my decision and also on the calculation of a speedy payback potential...(at that rate, @20 days in clad alone is where a guy needs to be to justify)...

Question...I know its early in the learning process, but are you able to distinguish a copper penny from a dime based upon the tones/target profile yet? Strictly audio hunting and not looking at the screen? Slamming D's and Q's and Nickels?

Your ratio of Dimes to P's per time in field is saying 'yes'...Could you please post your settings?..are you running full tones? Very Impressive work there JAK! 'Labs are not generally accepted or considered to be Clad Hammers...Except for Sandgroper in Aus, we dont often see anybody slamming clad with a 'Lab...

Reports are coming in from arw40 and NcToad...thank you for your results!

Thank you!

Congrats on a damn good clad haul...great digging!

Thanks Captain Silver! It been a great week. Found silver and even a worn-out large cent earlier this week.

Thats a major clad haul! And a lot of digging, great job!

Thanks LandOLincoin! Once in a while, I get lucky.

I'd be mighty proud of that hunt. Good work.

Thanks Stiffwrists! I had some good days, but days like this keep me motivated in finding more of these locations.

Nice coin smorgasbord.:yes:

Thanks metalddict! From calories to coins at the smorgashord...lol. I thought the zipper on my pouch was going to break from stuffing it will all those coins.

Wow! That's some serious clad, In not sure I could dig that many coins in one day.
Congrats on a fantastic hunt!

Thanks Ron 71! No sooner my Lesche shovel was out of the ground, it was back in.

I'm liking those numbers you pulled there!...Good post about the NOX's capability as a Mega Clad Hammer! If I get one, this will be a big factor in my decision and also on the calculation of a speedy payback potential...(at that rate, @20 days in clad alone is where a guy needs to be to justify)...

Question...I know its early in the learning process, but are you able to distinguish a copper penny from a dime based upon the tones/target profile yet? Strictly audio hunting and not looking at the screen? Slamming D's and Q's and Nickels?

Your ratio of Dimes to P's per time in field is saying 'yes'...Could you please post your settings?..are you running full tones? Very Impressive work there JAK! 'Labs are not generally accepted or considered to be Clad Hammers...Except for Sandgroper in Aus, we dont often see anybody slamming clad with a 'Lab...

Thanks Mud-puppy! In short, I am still learning this machine. And everyday, it becomes more natural as it talks to me, Pretty much like the old Tesero did, the different type of tones from every beep. Since I don't count my clad until the end of the year, I am projecting that I will probably triple my clad finds from last year and many of these new finds are from old sites I have been to previously!

Dimes vs. Copper, the short answer is No. They both come in about the same VDI of approx. 26-27. Nickels come in 10-14; but 13 is the common number, but so are tabs which generally will have a bit stronger and scratchy sound.

Mud, it is a killer machine on deep dimes and nickels. It unmasks coins very well in rust and/or with nearby zinc coins too. I usually will drive it in multi-frequency but will experiment with single frequency too. Once in awhile I will flip it to 20 or 40 frq. gold setting and I have gotten some deeper nickels with that too that I missed before.

Most of the time I use 50 tones, but in heavy trash 5, but again, I prefer the 50 even sometimes in trashy areas. I only discriminate out iron. I crank up the sensitivity/gain as high as the ground allows, usually like 22-24, even to the point where it sounds like a noisy threshold tone. But with these higher numbers it will throw off the standard VDI readings.

As with you, I am sure, I dig everything that sounds good. Only to glimpse at the VDI screen as some sort of validation meter. I hunt mostly by sound. When in doubt I just dig it, I find it takes too much time and effort fooling around deciding to dig or not to dig...in the time I try to second guess myself, I can squat down down and have the target dug and recovered and on to the next target. Anything else, let me know.

Congrats on your MEGA clad finds. That total will be hard to match again. I am sure you hit a site that was never detected ?? I do well on clads too but nothing like this total. My best so far this year was $17.96 for a one day hunt. Hope you can keep hitting sites like you just had.
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT CARROT PIN POINTER

Damn!!! That’s more clad than I have got so far this year!! Huge congrats on a mega clad day!!

On a side note, I am reading a lot of people posts about sensitivity on their Nox, I can’t set mine any higher than 14/15 cause it just goes nuts.....

Mud-puppy you have a whole different vocabulary and sometimes it takes this old boy a minute or two to follow what your saying. However I can not figure this one out, what are Labs?

Ray

Mud-puppy you have a whole different vocabulary and sometimes it takes this old boy a minute or two to follow what your saying. However I can not figure this one out, what are Labs?

Ray

Minelabs! ...not known for fast broom speed or being mega clad hammers like what JAK just pulled off...This NOX has something I'm a thinking...something a guy could use for about any situation?

Minelabs! ...not known for fast broom speed or being mega clad hammers like what JAK just pulled off...This NOX has something I'm a thinking...something a guy could use for about any situation?

I highly recommended it Mud!! You won’t be disappointed!! Go getcha a Nox!!

JAK... Great clad count. I've also doubled my daily dime count with the NOX, but I've never hit the 100 quarter day. In fact I usually make three or four times dimes per quarters. I'm still using 5 tones. Has 50 tones made it any easier to distinguish copper penny/dime signals? Or tune out the hi-tone iron squeaks from the bigger coins? I've been doing so well with the Nox on 5 tones ($233 last month) that I have been hesitant to take the time to learn the 50 tones. How long did it take to successfully make that mental transition?

You had a great hunt. Congratulations!

Thank you!

Wow!!!!!!

Thanks Chrisco! And thank for the word of encouragement...it's the WOW that keeps me going.

Congrats on your MEGA clad finds. That total will be hard to match again. I am sure you hit a site that was never detected ?? I do well on clads too but nothing like this total. My best so far this year was $17.96 for a one day hunt. Hope you can keep hitting sites like you just had.
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT CARROT PIN POINTER

Thanks bubbaron! Honestly, with the NOX, it has not been uncommon for me to hit 20-30 quarters in an outing, with many times 40-60 quarters, etc. I mostly write up my clad posts when I break a new personal best record in any of the coin denominations.

Damn!!! That’s more clad than I have got so far this year!! Huge congrats on a mega clad day!!

On a side note, I am reading a lot of people posts about sensitivity on their Nox, I can’t set mine any higher than 14/15 cause it just goes nuts.....

Thanks Ohiodigger! If I am still lucky, I am hoping to have a good year.

As to your side note, hummm, I am no expert, but 14/15 seems very low. Perhaps it's the soil, or your ground balancing. I find ground balancing one of the most important things for that little extra depth. If it were me, I call ML customer service and inquire.

JAK... Great clad count. I've also doubled my daily dime count with the NOX, but I've never hit the 100 quarter day. In fact I usually make three or four times dimes per quarters. I'm still using 5 tones. Has 50 tones made it any easier to distinguish copper penny/dime signals? Or tune out the hi-tone iron squeaks from the bigger coins? I've been doing so well with the Nox on 5 tones ($233 last month) that I have been hesitant to take the time to learn the 50 tones. How long did it take to successfully make that mental transition?

You had a great hunt. Congratulations!

Thanks wasatchau! First, congrats to you for doubling your dime count! I call it luck or whatever, as with you the numbers speak for themselves. I had a few 100+/- quarter days. As for copper vs. dime, if the signal is close I dig it anyway. But I do find that the copper cent VDI will bounce around more. As for the 50 vs. 5 tones, for whatever reason again, I find the tones/signals with the 50 just seem to make the good targets standout more. With that in mind, I forced myself from the beginning to go with what is seemed to being the best tones and for me now...it is 50. And I am glad I went that route. As the old Chinese proverb goes..."The best time to plant a tree is...twenty years ago when you first thought of it."

You really got your exercise in on this effort JAK. Congrats on your new dime record and a really fantastic clad haul. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! You said it right...as for the exercise, but as for the coins, I can always get them elsewhere. As for the new dime record, well...that's what keeps my drive going for the next challenge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom