Respect for Fellow Beach Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compass

Forum Supporter
"The Westcoast guys also have no respect for such feeble minded groupies like you and your followers."

Well, I am a "Westcoast" hunter who started detecting in 1970 and I have the utmost respect for Romy. I knew this before I ever met him by watching his videos. If you watched them you would know how much passion he has for the hobby and the environment. He rescues wildlife in distress, engages with curious onlookers, picks up trash and covers the holes he digs. He shares information and celebrates the finds of others.

Romy doesn't claim that the beach is his own and doesn't pollute them by seeding. He doesn't try to discourage others from finding "the good stuff". He doesn't come on the forum to call people names and tell them to shut up.

His "feeble minded groupies" know how good a person Romy is and the personal struggles he has faced and continues to do so. They wanted to do something for him so they got together, shared resources, and got Romy an Excal with mods. If that isn't a sign of respect then I don't know the meaning of the word.

"The Westcoast guys also have no respect for such feeble minded groupies like you and your followers."

Well, I am a "Westcoast" hunter who started detecting in 1970 and I have the utmost respect for Romy. I knew this before I ever met him by watching his videos. If you watched them you would know how much passion he has for the hobby and the environment. He rescues wildlife in distress, engages with curious onlookers, picks up trash and covers the holes he digs. He shares information and celebrates the finds of others.

Romy doesn't claim that the beach is his own and doesn't pollute them by seeding. He doesn't try to discourage others from finding "the good stuff". He doesn't come on the forum to call people names and tell them to shut up.

His "feeble minded groupies" know how good a person Romy is and the personal struggles he has faced and continues to do so. They wanted to do something for him so they got together, shared resources, and got Romy an Excal with mods. If that isn't a sign of respect then I don't know the meaning of the word.

God Bless you George ! I was begging to feel a little picked on for a moment:no: but i think i will keep off the forum for awhile if not indefinitely, i have kept my comments friendly as i will always remain to do but freedom of speech is something that doent exist here . I will continue to make videos for my friends and fans, Thanks Everyone, I have met some awesome people here and i have really enjoyed X-Mas Here as well But I Feel As If I Am Not Welcome Anymore.

In addition, you gotta remember to respect Romy because he's a big dude that hunts barefoot as well! :bowdown:

Attachments

• coastbattle.jpg
    coastbattle.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 571
God Bless you George ! I was begging to feel a little picked on for a moment:no: but i think i will keep off the forum for awhile if not indefinitely, i have kept my comments friendly as i will always remain to do but freedom of speech is something that doent exist here . I will continue to make videos for my friends and fans, Thanks Everyone, I have met some awesome people here and i have really enjoyed X-Mas Here as well But I Feel As If I Am Not Welcome Anymore.

Romy, as a "right coast" hunter I really enjoy your videos and your style. You are a credit to the metal detecting community.
John

Romy

Cool video's , not surprising, your not the only one here , the heat has been on me for 6 week's, looking for a new home, be safe, I liked your video's , I am a member of Treasure.net, and Treasure Depot, i will look maybe for your video's their , if i new how to maneuver around on them , i would spend more time their , happy hunting PS , PM me i would like to here the story. Earl :(

Huh ? I Musta missed anything where Romy was 'dissed by anyone ? I've always enjoyed Romyrome's posts !

Respect needs to be earned by all in my book. We all make mistakes. However our mistakes don't need to condemn us for the rest of our lives.

In thinking about the so called seeded beach. Granted the person in question admitted to seeding it at ONE TIME. Good or bad he did it.

Just because another holed penny was found doesn't mean the beach is still being seeded. Everyone knows you can miss targets. I have seen Romyrome's video's and I KNOW absolutely without a doubt he moves too fast on the beach. That means he is missing targets.

That means there is an absolute certainty that he probably has missed pennies that were already there AND the beach was NOT seeded again.

I MISS things. I have gone over my spots underwater knowing my landmarks and I find things I have NO IDEA how I missed.

I am going to bet he will find another holed penny on the beach one day. Does that mean it was just planted? Absolutely NOT.

There are a LOT of good folks on here. There are also good folks that have made mistakes in other folks eyes. I made a mistake and made a member upset at me. I know my mistake. I didn't think. However to hold a grudge is not me nor is it my intent to make the whole forum pick my side or his.

I won't condone what Stan did, or might have done, NOR will I condemn him. I look at the positive things that could result in what happened.

We all have one life to live. What happened really doesn't matter AT ALL. Go out enjoy the hobby, make your discoveries and share them with everyone if you wish.

Romy has made some great finds. So have a lot of others. Go out and enjoy the hobby and not worry about what others do.

EXAMPLE.

I hunt deep. I don't stay in the shallow waters anywhere waders can hit in places like the Detroit River. I don't hunt until I am over their heads. There is one hunter there and he hits other places I do that tosses all his houses and his trash out in my hunting grounds.

I just pick the stuff up and go on. Will I change him? Absolutely not. However, I can shrug it off and not let the trash get to me. I find enough to keep me happy and content.

This is a FRIENDLY site. Sure I have made mistakes on here. I will always feel we have a member that is absolutely full of himself with his supposed finds. I just leave his posts alone and let it go.

We are all in this hobby together enjoying its rewards. We really don't need animosity among ourselves. Nobody but nobody will ever hunt a place out.

Lord Sidious is Not Stan

Hey Romy,

Sorry you found a couple of hold over pennies with holes in them, but they are not new arrivals, just the ones that weren't found before. Also the fact that you are finding pennies like crazy right now has to do more with the fact that the beach is eroding because of higher surf and tides (I am sure you are finding more than pennies) than someone seeding beaches.

But one thing I would like to point out from the now closed thread regarding reseeding of beaches started by you 2 days ago, is that "Lord Sidious" is not Stan, as you seem to think, but someone who disagrees with you. If you look at his profile, the gentleman is 51, and Stan is in his 70's, so take some time to investigate before you make accusations, and try to keep this forum "Friendly".:grin:

Now I have to go Surfing because there is a nice swell out to take advantage of.

Last edited:
Romy

There are a few , no matter what it is , think that they are THE SUPERIOR HUNTER HERE , as far as respect here , NONE , i get plenty with my Biker bro's , THEY KNOW WHAT RESPECT REALLY MEAN"S , anyway i will miss your video's , as we have very FEW here that have a-- quality camera , i notice just about all you California hunter's have great camera's , show some great real time hunting, and only ONE from the UK shows great under water video's on here , the negative poster's on here , just put them on the ignore list, as you get enough , and keeps on , and on, and on, don't pay them mind, as they will ware your dignity down, and have NO respect , the way i see it , you are a positive, NOT negative member, contributing great real time hunts with several RESPECTED swinger's, an addition to the forum bottom line, :thumbsup: happy hunting , Earl :nicethread::urock:

Earl,

One SMALL observation. In order to have quality pictures you not only need a quality camera, you also need CLEAR water. I don't care WHAT camera you have. You are not going to get quality underwater shots in water that has 8 - 10' visibility at the MOST. In salt water you have up to 150' visibility.

Dirty water does not help any camera. Even the GoPro you offered me wouldn't take decent pictures in the Detroit river or most other places I hunt. That is one reason why I didn't want to take video's in the first place. You just can't compare fresh water rivers to oceans.

Scuba

I thought i would never respond to you again, but most have a heart , DO YOU, it's been 6 week's of battle , which i don't want any engagement in any longer, as i see thing's differently than you. I lived in Anne Arundel Co Maryland all my life 57 year's , it's getting bad their, even though i have been detecting on and off for 42 year's, i still enjoy the hobby very much, since 16 year's old, i could care less on what you have, what you know, weather your a Pro swinger, or just an average Joe like me, there are people in this world who try to make a better life for themselves , and MOVE to a better location, i for one, than there are people who stay put, till the day they die, sorry the Detroit river is not Ca, Florida , or a better place for your hunting, ya see there is other place's to hunt, and other's who see thing's differently, not just SCUBA"S way, Chuck's way, your not the Judge here , nor the jury , the way i see it, your lonely , you might need a new home in another state to were you can film underwater, use your gear other than the Detroit river, i moved here in Delaware 10 miles from the beach for a change, i don't condemn someone for not finding gold, not hunting, or the scoop he, or she- decides to use for the day :roll:, i think maybe you should consider changing the tide's, maybe look down in your soul, search and find the positive thing's in life , and leave all the negative thing's to rest at peace, bury the hatchet basically , let thing's go, see a new light, as i have, looking at the future , leave the past, good time's , happy hunting, Good Luck.

I thought i would never respond to you again, but most have a heart , DO YOU, it's been 6 week's of battle , which i don't want any engagement in any longer, as i see thing's differently than you. I lived in Anne Arundel Co Maryland all my life 57 year's , it's getting bad their, even though i have been detecting on and off for 42 year's, i still enjoy the hobby very much, since 16 year's old, i could care less on what you have, what you know, weather your a Pro swinger, or just an average Joe like me, there are people in this world who try to make a better life for themselves , and MOVE to a better location, i for one, than there are people who stay put, till the day they die, sorry the Detroit river is not Ca, Florida , or a better place for your hunting, ya see there is other place's to hunt, and other's who see thing's differently, not just SCUBA"S way, Chuck's way, your not the Judge here , nor the jury , the way i see it, your lonely , you might need a new home in another state to were you can film underwater, use your gear other than the Detroit river, i moved here in Delaware 10 miles from the beach for a change, i don't condemn someone for not finding gold, not hunting, or the scoop he, or she- decides to use for the day :roll:, i think maybe you should consider changing the tide's, maybe look down in your soul, search and find the positive thing's in life , and leave all the negative thing's to rest at peace, bury the hatchet basically , let thing's go, see a new light, as i have, looking at the future , leave the past, good time's , happy hunting, Good Luck.

I am so glad two people found your post helpful. You LOST me. I am doing GREAT where I hunt. I was talking about pictures and picture quality only.

Nobody cares what machine anyone uses, what scoop they use, or what they find or don't find.

I care about people and giving others the benefit of the doubt and not tossing others under the bus.

Go find some treasure

I was shocked and felt sick when I read that guy’s post attacking a forum member (Romy). I see that the thread is closed. Good! It smacked of elitism and judgement.
Some of us older guys don’t have as long to detect in this world and I certainly don’t want to waste what time I have left being caught up in someone’s self absorbed experiment.
When I go to the beach I want to find quality items not be spun around caught up in trash.
I’m a West Coast guy and admire Romy. He’s a good young man with his heart in the right place.

Good god man, he made a comment about water clarity and you go off on a tirade? What is wrong with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom