18K white gold Braclet- with fake stones???

Digsalot

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone,
Found this in the water a few weeks back and its got me kinda bugged. It was about 6 to 8 inches down in knee deep water at low tide. The sand was pretty hard packed so I think it had been there awhile. The signal was kinda broke up. At first I thought it was another bottle cap but the numbers (on the NOX) we're jumping around on the low side so then I was thinking it might be a chain. When I saw it in the scoop it was open which explained the broken signal. My first thought was that it was just another piece of junk jewelry and in the pouch it went. When I got back to the RV, I noticed it was very clean and had some weight to it, got the loop out and saw 750 :shock: I'm then thinking, no way! My diamond tester was at home so when we got back I immediately checked the stones and the tester said -nope fake stones. Double checked my tester on some diamonds that I know are real and it checked out fine. Then I start thinking it must be plated so I sand the heck out of the end of the clasp, acid test say's 18k. Got the dremel out, put a drum sanding wheel on it, sand the heck out of it again and it still test 18k. If it's plated, it's at least 1/16" thick.
What's got me bugged is that it's 18k with fake stones. Also couldn't find any info on the CN ITALY mark. Has anyone ever seen fake stones set in 18k? Who ever lost it had a small wrist.
Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_E2528r.jpg
    IMG_E2528r.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_2523r.jpg
    IMG_2523r.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_2524r.jpg
    IMG_2524r.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_2586r.jpg
    IMG_2586r.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_2588r.jpg
    IMG_2588r.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 752
No surprise to hear. Craig will tell you we have found many 18 karat gold rings with either synthetic stones or fake diamonds in the past. Looking at the close up of the surface I will double check with your Jeweler. Either way nice hit!!

Nice snag for sure. That is a beautiful bracelet but I am not surprised these days that those stones are fake. Either way, 18K is awesome. Congrats

... Has anyone ever seen fake stones set in 18k? Who ever lost it had a small wrist.
Thanks for looking

Yes. Some of the high-end stuff has white sapphires instead of CZ. Sapphires are cheap and the "Fine Jeweler" can market it has genuine gem stones.
10940229673_b0bee47bb4_o_grande.jpg

There are also a few dozen other clear gems. For example...
Saudi Diamonds (quartz)
desert-diamonds-300x183.jpg

diamonds.jpg

Topaz
white-topaz.jpg

I found a 14k ring with fake stones (diamonds and saphires) marked CN before.

Same as I was thinking..
Sapphire. That looks like a great bracelet. From the 750s I've seen it looks legit
Yes. Some of the high-end stuff has white sapphires instead of CZ. Sapphires are cheap and the "Fine Jeweler" can market it has genuine gem stones.
10940229673_b0bee47bb4_o_grande.jpg

There are also a few dozen other clear gems. For example...
Saudi Diamonds (quartz)
desert-diamonds-300x183.jpg

diamonds.jpg

Topaz
white-topaz.jpg

I might go with a Sapphire also. A sapphire is second only to a diamond in hardness and should, they do on mine, make an attempt to go up the scale on the diamond tester...
Nice Find,WTG
DL

Thanks for all the feedback guy's :yes:
Guess I'm gonna have to take it to a jeweler or two and see what they say.
Very interesting about the sapphires. I never knew that.

17g and all those stones...I'd expect an 18k braclet to weigh more? I hope I'm wrong but I suspect it may be plated. It does appear tiny so who knows? Either way she's pretty.

:dingding:That is definitely a thing of beauty no matter what the stones are!

Back
Top Bottom