Equinox - What's That You Say?

OzarkDetector

Just curious how each of you pronounce it.
Do you say it;
A: with a long E, as in "seek."
B: with a short E, as in "neck."

Lastly, which example is the correct way?

Since this detector has made every other metal detector obsolete, soon it will just be referred to as the detector, or " the metal detector", much like aspirin and or Kleenex.

Metal detecting will soon be referred to as Noxing , all the obsolete detectors will soon be shipped to 3rd world countries with the super bowl 52 New England Patriots super bowl championship winner the shirts.

Since this detector has made every other metal detector obsolete, soon it will just be referred to as the detector, or " the metal detector", much like aspirin and or Kleenex.

Metal detecting will soon be referred to as Noxing , all the obsolete detectors will soon be shipped to 3rd world countries with the super bowl 52 New England Patriots super bowl championship winner the shirts.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Seekquinox or Neckuinox, both have a nice ring to their name but I think I still like the old Nox best in its short form.:wow:

Need to get moving faster on Accessories otherwise it could be renamed Sominex.
And I don’t mean by renaming Nox would be classified as a sleeper unit.
For the beach hunters anyway with the what seems like slow progression for 15”coil availability.

Detectival should prove interesting.
Wonder what Xxx has up their sleeve.??

I’ll let folks guess who the Xxx is.

Should be interesting.

Long before this detector was invented, "equinox" was a term used in science classes. There's a spring equinox, and a fall equinox every year. I have always heard it pronounced "eekwinox", with a long E; as in example A. Never heard anyone say it differently. But if BCD and our friends abroad want to call it "ekwinox", that's oaky dokey.

Long before this detector was invented, "equinox" was a term used in science classes. There's a spring equinox, and a fall equinox every year. I have always heard it pronounced "eekwinox", with a long E; as in example A. Never heard anyone say it differently. But if BCD and our friends abroad want to call it "ekwinox", that's oaky dokey.

"ekwinox" has a neat sound to it if some prefer to pronounce it that way, that's fine with me too ! :lol:

(though myself I likely would use the long E as that's how I'm used to speaking)

Last edited:

Now I'm really cornfused! Listened to all the pronunciations on these links, and they contradict each other. "Americans say it this way" and "Brits say it that way" The next source says the exact opposite.

Conclusion: Either way is acceptable. Can't correct somebody for using the alternative. If they can't pronounce "Nox", then feel free to shame them. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom