Who has found a gun?

teotwawki12

Elite Member
The last post tonight made me think...how many folks have detected actual guns? I'd have to think they aren't too common. If so, would you please post a photo of your dug gun; I'd like to see them!

Here's my one and only, found it last December in a field (a 1960's Charter Arms .38).

Attachments

• 1223171335.jpg
    1223171335.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 377
  • KIMG0263.jpg
    KIMG0263.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 405
I did last Feb in a heavily used park. I was hunting the edge of a parking lot with some young kids running RC cars during this first unusually warm day. Found this 32 caliber loaded with defense rounds and one in the chamber. Probably saved a life that day.
4adb6d5744c036943bfd8f38d6a0c98d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a starting gun earlier this year ... apparently classed as a firearm by the ATF. It's a RTS Vanguard and fires .22 caliber blanks.

vyjRgxll.jpg

I did last Feb in a heavily used park. I was hunting the edge of a parking lot with some young kids running RC cars during this first unusually warm day. Found this 32 caliber loaded with defense rounds and one in the chamber. Probably saved a life that day.
4adb6d5744c036943bfd8f38d6a0c98d.jpg

... so how well did it clean up?

Realistically, how do you run the numbers on something like that in the event it's linked to a crime? I once was beach hunting when a bunch of local deputies kept coming by on 4 wheelers. Finally one stopped and asked if I had found a gun and/or to let them know if I did. Apparently a body washed up a couple of days earlier with holes in it. It kind of got me thinking...

... so how well did it clean up?

Realistically, how do you run the numbers on something like that in the event it's linked to a crime? I once was beach hunting when a bunch of local deputies kept coming by on 4 wheelers. Finally one stopped and asked if I had found a gun and/or to let them know if I did. Apparently a body washed up a couple of days earlier with holes in it. It kind of got me thinking...

It didn’t clean up the cops took it...lol

The last post tonight made me think...how many folks have detected actual guns? I'd have to think they aren't too common. If so, would you please post a photo of your dug gun; I'd like to see them!

Here's my one and only, found it last December in a field (a 1960's Charter Arms .38).

Well, not quite the photo you wanted, but an interesting story.
One of our club members –Tom Tanner– who is also a member here, (goes by Tom_in_CA) got the call for help from the Sheriff's Dept.
Enjoy, http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=7372

Well, not quite the photo you wanted, but an interesting story.
One of our club members –Tom Tanner– who is also a member here, (goes by Tom_in_CA) got the call for help from the Sheriff's Dept.
Enjoy, http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=7372

Cool story there...

Thankfully they weren’t searching for a bag of stolen large cents; the case would have surely gone cold :lol:

I havnt found one yet, although I'm quite sure I will someday, especially where I tend to hunt! Water and Urban parks...One will certainly show up eventually..

Is there a law, that requires you to report a "found" firearm? Have not found a gun, yet.

Here in N.Y. , you can not posess a handgun without a permit. Any long gun,(without being altered), can be kept. I found a .38 revolver and a sawed off shotgun some years ago while scuba diving. Turned them over to the local Sheriff's dept.

Found a .22 similar to this one as a surface find. It was obvious that it had been there for years and the barrel was full of rust. Was going to keep it until my girlfriend suggested it may be a ditched murder weapon. Turned it in to the Tacoma Police department with a sad face. Would have made a great wall hanger... 😟

Attachments

• cz_pocket_pistols17.jpg
    cz_pocket_pistols17.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 209
Not yet but if I ever did I’m keeping it :lol:

If I ever was inclined to “turn it in” I’d want a receipt and timing of when I could come pick it up if it came back clean...

Paging Scuba....

Back
Top Bottom