No exciting finds, but my first wet beach hunt :)

I'm going to have to get some dive booties.

I have dive booties back home so I'll definitely try them in the future. They sell them in different thicknesses. I believe mine are 5mm for diving the area I was usually at.

There are others that are thinner neoprene for warmer water.

It's gotta be ice cold water for me to wear dive boots , otherwise my feet sweat. Too hot. 2 weeks ago 176 people were stung by stingrays on a Saturday at one local beach.

I'm curious, do you know the thickness of the booties you used? I believe mine are 5mm (for diving), but I wonder if 3mm would be better for wading.

Stingrays?! Wow. I can imagine from a patch of Jellyfish, but Stingrays, that's crazy. I'm gonna need 15" snake boots! [emoji38]

I have dive booties back home so I'll definitely try them in the future. They sell them in different thicknesses. I believe mine are 5mm for diving the area I was usually at.

There are others that are thinner neoprene for warmer water.

I'm curious, do you know the thickness of the booties you used? I believe mine are 5mm (for diving), but I wonder if 3mm would be better for wading.

Stingrays?! Wow. I can imagine from a patch of Jellyfish, but Stingrays, that's crazy. I'm gonna need 15" snake boots! [emoji38]
Mine are 5mm , high ankle. A good all around boot. But for me get hot , sweaty. Unless the water is cold. If it gets under 55 , I'm not in it very long.
About 3 months ago , about 400 got stung over a 2 day weekend at 1 beach. Keep in mind there were 100k people at the beach. Stingrays move into the shallows when the water is warm. It is a little painful when the barb breaks off in your foot. Sometimes their tails can swing up high and strike your ankles , that's about all. It's odd when you see 50 people with their foot in a 5 gallon bucket of hot water , getting rid of the pain/poison. Some relaxing , some in hysterics !

Good luck on your adventures in Mexico . I just heard on the news where nine Americans got murdered by the cartel. Great picture of your finds . Stay safe !

Good luck on your adventures in Mexico . I just heard on the news where nine Americans got murdered by the cartel. Great picture of your finds . Stay safe !

Ha! I'll try not to get dead :) I think statistically US citizens are more likely to be killed in the US than MX. I've felt reasonably safe and I've wandered out of town(s) a bit and I get nervous fairly easily if wandering about in any country, including the US. But I appreciate it. [emoji846] ty&hh![emoji3548]

Mine are 5mm , high ankle. A good all around boot. But for me get hot , sweaty... Stingrays move into the shallows when the water is warm. It is a little painful when the barb breaks off in your foot. Sometimes their tails can swing up high and strike your ankles , that's about all.

Thank you for the feed back and information KOB [emoji846] Much appreciated. I'm going to try out my 5's and then if I like them but to hot, maybe pick up a set of 3mm with the most HD soles I can find.

Hunts two, three and four.

Hunt four brought my first beach ring (stamped 925, but fake) which was fun. Hunt two was all trash with an old cow bell eye balled at a sea wall and hunt three only netted one bottle cap [emoji1] Hunt four was the only proper low tide hunt, and the difference was quite obvious in number of finds.
d8cca055302553fd4a1ebe1a3ee90832.jpg
74f98ad06c2a191aaeb4a7afc0f15395.jpg
314d4b9c3ff8b580edba6d4080a87d73.jpg
0c24340746f1c36582c081974380a16e.jpg
d036e02766dd1fcbacaeec3ab32324bc.jpg
5a71760b4009ccd65c3d74de847c0252.jpg

Back
Top Bottom