Same But Different

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Well folks, my name on here has changed but I am still me. I have some ideas and plans and thought this would be a better name for how I have transformed in this hobby.

I started when I was a state cop in Utah. I dove there but not with a detector. I just used my land one and was content. I come to Michigan and when times were hard I searched for gold. When I first stated in the early 2000's if I wasn't finding 6 gold rings a day I wasn't doing good.

I made a lot of fantastic finds in those days. Lots of old rings and treasures. In the last few years my priorities have shifted and as most know, I am on the hunt for items that folks lose to Davy Jones Locker.

Sure I still go out and find wayward gold on my own but not as much, This last summer I found two gold rings. One was a class ring and it was returned.

Anyway, I still have plans to dive all over Michigan and plunder the lakes. Unless I find a lake nobody has touched or Lake St Clair, you won't find me in the shallow water at all. I go where some of you only dream of detecting.

Enjoy the hobby any way you see fit. The only advice I have. Don't let others push their values on you. If you are a pirate, be proud of it. If you return rings, do it with pride also. You only have one life. Enjoy what it offers you.

Attachments

• 66581286_2676504112382429_3315773885621731328_n.jpg
    66581286_2676504112382429_3315773885621731328_n.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 243
You changed your avetar name ? That means that those of us who rush to read the "latest scuba adventures", will have to train our eyes to spot the new name . For a minute there, I thought there was an imposter trying to steal your fame ! :laughing:

When I first stated in the early 2000's if I wasn't finding 6 gold rings a day I wasn't doing good.

This is why hunting up north is better than FL.

Attachments

• 17223581-hand-holding-gold-beautiful-gold-ready-to-sell-pile-of-jewelry-in-hand-isolated-on-whit.jpg
    17223581-hand-holding-gold-beautiful-gold-ready-to-sell-pile-of-jewelry-in-hand-isolated-on-whit.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom