Is this ring 10K or plated?

CharlieT84

Elite Member
I found this ring and I am trying to confirm if it is 10K or possibly plated. What do you think? In the one picture the ring looks worn on the edge and another color shows thru.
What do you think it is worth for the gold value?
Thank you for your opinion. Charlie

Attachments

• IMG_0920ringk.jpg
    IMG_0920ringk.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_0924ring.jpg
    IMG_0924ring.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 342
Stamp looks good, might have to bring that one to your local jewelry store, unless you have an acid test kit. My guess, MAYBE 100$ in scrap gold, looks rather light....Nice find!

Stamp looks good, might have to bring that one to your local jewelry store, unless you have an acid test kit. My guess, MAYBE 100$ in scrap gold, looks rather light....Nice find!

Thank you for the reply... How much does an acid kit cost and where do I find them. Is there a kit to confirm silver?

I found this ring and I am trying to confirm if it is 10K or possibly plated. What do you think? In the one picture the ring looks worn on the edge and another color shows thru.
What do you think it is worth for the gold value?
Thank you for your opinion. Charlie

If you order a test kit also get yourself a scale to weigh the ring...

You can use this site to give you an idea of the melt value...

Usually those kits will come with acid for silver.. I just use my 18k acid to check silver the acid will turn white if its silver.

https://dendritics.com/metal-calc/

If you order a test kit also get yourself a scale to weigh the ring...

You can use this site to give you an idea of the melt value...

Usually those kits will come with acid for silver.. I just use my 18k acid to check silver the acid will turn white if its silver.

https://dendritics.com/metal-calc/

Thank you for the advice, very much appreciated.

Nice find....:yes: (Look on Amazon for Gold/Silver test kit. Not very expensive)

Thank you. I just did as you suggested and found many choices.

Back
Top Bottom